which DLSR should i get ? budgeted type , preferred nikon

chercm

Apr 13, 2005
Pasir Ris

budgeted and i can take fireworks and go travelling with me

any one can advice please and which lens should i get on top of the stock lens that come with the camera?

Last edited:
Must it be a DSLR? Whenever I relate cameras to travelling, at the back of my mind, the mirrorless cameras like E-M10 just pops up. Compact, Lightweight and packs alot of features/features.

Don't worry about getting additional lens first. Because getting any of the lens when you are not sure of what you want, it's just a waste of money.

budgeted and i can take fireworks and go travelling with me

any one can advice please and which lens should i get on top of the stock lens that come with the camera?

D5200, just play with the kit lens until you know what you want. But as mentioned above, if you are open to other cameras, mirrorless options are very good

Is d610 too much at this stage for me ?

contemplating which one should i get D7100 or D610

Go to Nikon Service Center and try out the different cameras. Just get whatever you prefer...

4 years already and you still cannot make up your mind?

I've got to be honest, TS seems hardly a newbie and a search on his post history reveals some usage of Nikon, so I wouldn't know why he needs to ask the question this way. Heck, TS is far more experienced than me!

Some people just need to get consensus hehe eg if everyone recommends Toyota Corolla this will be the choice

i sold my Camera and i plan to get a new one to start back

i have been seeing youtube review on D7100 and D610.

Was thinking should i get a D7100 and Nikon 12-24 lens instead of D610.

Please elaborate a bit more on these thoughts. Without knowing what drives you or what expectations / usage you have we cannot give much advice.

Please elaborate a bit more on these thoughts. Without knowing what drives you or what expectations / usage you have we cannot give much advice.

general usage like taking landscape and able to take the fireworks

general usage like taking landscape and able to take the fireworks
And exactly which points are there that make the decision difficult? Both cameras can do what you have mentioned.

Being crop and full frame thing

Pentax K50.
Good value for money and generally smallish lenses.

Btw, any camera nowadays can do what you need.

i sold my Camera and i plan to get a new one to start back

i have been seeing youtube review on D7100 and D610.

You stated your preference to be "budgeted". However, these two options aren't quite budget leh. Why don't you consider mirrorless or m43? Pentax is also not bad too. Even if you get a K5 off B&S, I think you can't go too far wrong with it.