Which Digital Cam to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISO800 sample:
F11_ISO800.JPG

ISO1600 sample:
F11_ISO1600.JPG

I've chosen this uninteresting subject out of convenience and it offers lots of shadows for the noise to exhibt itself...

100% crops is available if there's request. Too lazy to do them now.

The above 2 pics are strictly resize only. No PP done to adjust colours or anything.
Forgive my lousy unstable hands giving a slight handshake to the pics. I wish icoX can impart me some of his 2sec handholding skills. :D

Hello Yan,
Which of the photos in your yanuk gallery were shot with the F11?

Thanks.

beau_simon said:
Hello Yan,
Which of the photos in your yanuk gallery were shot with the F11?

Thanks.
This entire album.

And a few other photos littered around.

am_blessed said:
wow... it looks great to me!!... some more you say without tripod, the picture is still sharp while i see the car's "trail", the exposure time should be not short.. is either your hand very steady or the camera so good.. or both, hehe...

thanks for sharing the image.. i might want to buy it too... where do you buy it last time and how much? is there any good shop (fair price or good freebies) to recommend?
if you prefer to msg me privately, you can email to: bibet80@gmail.com

thank you

thanks!, i brought it at the IT show for 369

am_blessed said:
another question to ask, what battery rating do you use (maH) and how long the battery will last for normal usage?

i tried 2200 & 2300 both last few days for me if i'm not wrong?! Not really sure not this as i did not really notice the time.

hjx said:
so the above pics are from the A540 ??? at ISO 800 ???
If you are talking about mine, its from A530 and iso i forget ler =x but i'm sure its confirm not iso 800

hjx said:
hmm without tripod does it also mean there is no other support or latch to rest the camera on ??? if so .. then i would say it is very stable ... can u take some other nightshots for us to sree , at say iso 800
yanyewkay said:
I must commend that your hands are very (extremely) stable! 2sec handheld without tripod. :bigeyes:
I'm sure this pic is shot at ISO200 or lower.

For good night shots and usable ISO1600 pictures, Fujifilm F11 is the clear winner. It's only 6.3mpix (FYI, if it matters at all) If you need a compact and slim version there's always the Fuji Z2.

Wait another few more months and the F30 with ISO3200 will reach our shores.

Erm.. Sorry if i did not make myself clear, yes i was not using tripod but some got rest my hands on stuffs, like railings etc..

Yeah, for those interested seeing iso 800 night shots, comming right up.

wrx_sti_22b said:
Wow, the traffic junction photo is nice...
Thanks! :)

For those who are interested in iso 800 night shots:
img_013701.jpg

I showed one box with 100% crop and as you can see there is quite a sum of noise. I think its normal as if i'm not wrong, iso 800 is not really for taking night shots. For night shots, mostly people use low iso. This is what i think lar, anyone can comment? , correct me if i'm wrong.

seems good enough ... what about at 100, 200 or 400 ISO .. at the same place better ... that way can make better comparison .. Thanks

so who got the A700 liao ???

Status
Not open for further replies.