Which Canon DSLR and lens should an amateur pick? Please recommend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
which canon dslr and lens should a amateur pick!please recommend!

i know canon and nikon lens have different names ,but are their functions and performance similar?
and are they interchangeable as in a nikon lens be fixed with a canon body? BuDGET >$1.4K

can anybody help me with this?

thank you!

smiles!!
1. buy used stuff. cheaper.
2. what subjects do u intend to shoot?? this will help to narrow down the lens range

Thats a gd deal!:) I bought my D50 at the same place in March this year. I have to admit the price there are really competitive but the customer service isnt the best lah.. The guy who served me(he's one of the partners of Parisilk) is quite arrogant.. Haha but nvm lah, at least he's not rude and the price is good.. Enjoy ur new cam and hope to see ur pics soon!;)

aits. thank you there and everyone who has helped me in one way or another

but i just bought my nikond50 yesterday!
and ;) ;) i bought it at $1130 , with bag and 1 gig card as freebies, a digi dry cabi for ninety nine dollars, then a uv filter for $22, so all in all i spent around $1288, which i think it's quite a steal!

so for all you peeps who wants to buy camera , can go check out the shop perisilk at holland v.the service and prices are good there too. and no worries abt the supplies of nikond50. cos apparently they have all the connections to get the supply! so go check out all the prices at sitex first!!!

:sweatsm:

yay!

aits. thank you there and everyone who has helped me in one way or another

but i just bought my nikond50 yesterday!
and ;) ;) i bought it at $1130 , with bag and 1 gig card as freebies, a digi dry cabi for ninety nine dollars, then a uv filter for $22, so all in all i spent around $1288, which i think it's quite a steal!

so for all you peeps who wants to buy camera , can go check out the shop perisilk at holland v.the service and prices are good there too. and no worries abt the supplies of nikond50. cos apparently they have all the connections to get the supply! so go check out all the prices at sitex first!!!

:sweatsm:

yay!

Hey... Welcome to the DARK side... ;)

Shoot more and get used to the equipment... and once you're comfortable, do post more pictures for us to see...

Nice...
Now shoot shoot shoot.

Don't worry about the NAS (Nikon aquisition syndrome), it comes free with the purchase of a Nikon D/SLR.. hehe

Just curious, do we really need a dry cabinet?
Cuz I stay in hostel and I seriously cant afford one more box in my room if I were to purchase a dslr...
Any insights?

Cuz I stay in hostel and I seriously cant afford one more box in my room if I were to purchase a dslr...
Any insights?

Not necessary but good to have.

Any insights?

Depends on how well you wanna take care of your equipment. The high humidity level in SG is the main problem and likely cause of problems like fungus growth... For those who use the camera regularly may get away without a dry box or even those with which uses silica gel (which may have some other problems on their own)

If you can squeeze a simple 30l box in, that would be a great help to maintain the gears in tip top condition. ;)

borrowing this thread,

HI, I'm a newbie.:)
I have a D70, intend to bring this cammy to an overseas trip of 1 week.
1. I tot of getting an flast unit-what d'ya recommend?
2. CF - how many gigs type would suffice as currently I have a 1G card?

3. WHat is the price range of the dry cabinet if I were to invest one?

Thanks in advance!

borrowing this thread,

HI, I'm a newbie.:)
I have a D70, intend to bring this cammy to an overseas trip of 1 week.
1. I tot of getting an flast unit-what d'ya recommend?
2. CF - how many gigs type would suffice as currently I have a 1G card?

3. WHat is the price range of the dry cabinet if I were to invest one?

Thanks in advance!

1) SB-600
2) 2 or 3 x 2Gb cards would be good, you'd have plenty to shoot
Dry cabinets generally cost between $100 to a few hundreds depending on the size. A 30l would suffice for beginners if you don't expand too fast.

I'm just a newbie in Photography and planning to get a DSLR.

What is the best DSLR in the market for Newbie and for Pro?

What are the issues with Silica gel? I just bought a dslr and storing it with an airtight container with thirsty hippo. Will that do?

Thanks

My take on current dslr in the market:
Entry-Level= 450D
Advanced-Level= D300

Any comments?

I feel that 450D not worth the money for an amateur. Amateur should stick to 2nd hand bodies, say 350D or 400D, or even 20D.

Lens - IS Kit lens, 55-250 IS if you like tele, 50mm... all three are great sharp lenses for a good price.

which canon dslr and lens should a amateur pick!please recommend!

i know canon and nikon lens have different names ,but are their functions and performance similar?
and are they interchangeable as in a nikon lens be fixed with a canon body? BuDGET >$1.4K

can anybody help me with this?

thank you!

smiles!!

For Canon DSLR

Since i was a newbie on DSLR, i went for a Canon EOS 1000D w/18-55 Kit len & 75-300mm (promotion price 59 per set) & a D728AF Flash 28m external flash. My friend did advice me to go for 450D but i feel that i like to go for a cheaper built and spend more on a better Lens due to budget constraint.

My take on current dslr in the market:
Entry-Level= 450D
Advanced-Level= D300

Any comments?

I read from a article on canon cameras, Single Digit is the professional series, 40D is twin digits is the prosumer DSLR and 450d and 1000d is the entry level DSLR for canon. so canon has levels of DSLR category....

Correct me if i am wrong....

I'm just a newbie in Photography and planning to get a DSLR.

What is the best DSLR in the market for Newbie and for Pro?

3s2ng: what i read, Nikon is chosen if u r going for the higest end DSLR while Canon DSLR prosumer 450D and entry level will be better like 1000D. If u not on budget then for for the highest end DSLR from canon or Nikon

I read from a article on canon cameras, Single Digit is the professional series, 40D is twin digits is the prosumer DSLR and 450d and 1000d is the entry level DSLR for canon. so canon has levels of DSLR category....

Correct me if i am wrong....

Actually all current dslr camera manufacturers have their range of entry & pro range of dslrs... I feel that the 450D fall under the between Nikon D60 & D90 range.

I feel that 450D not worth the money for an amateur. Amateur should stick to 2nd hand bodies, say 350D or 400D, or even 20D.

Lens - IS Kit lens, 55-250 IS if you like tele, 50mm... all three are great sharp lenses for a good price.

One thing that I prefer the 450D over the older models ( eg: 300D, 400D, 20D, etc) is it live view function and it's 3 inch LCD. Of course, you pay more for more...

Balancing the 1000D & 450D, I feel that the 1000D have a more smaller built and may not be suitable for a 18-200mm lens + 580ex2 flash....

One thing that I prefer the 450D over the older models ( eg: 300D, 400D, 20D, etc) is it live view function and it's 3 inch LCD. Of course, you pay more for more...

Balancing the 1000D & 450D, I feel that the 1000D have a more smaller built and may not be suitable for a 18-200mm lens + 580ex2 flash....

Hm well... all in all, I don't feel that Liveview is essential. Neither should the 3 inch LCD be a very big deal. These are things that are good to have if you got the cash.

Why I disagree with the 450D is mainly because a 40D is not too far away. If you wanna get a 450D, why not just go straight to 40D, it will last you much longer, especially for amateurs, it can probably last you 7+ years if you learn to regulate your spending habits.

All in all, Lens priority =) I'd rather buy 135L + 350D than 450D + Kit =) Of course, different people have different choice lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.