Which brand? what price to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowbrigade

Mar 6, 2005
sorry for bothering guys. I really need some good advice and i'd really appreciate if anyone'd give some. =) I'm totally new to photography and i dont really have any knowledge about it. I've been doing some research and i'm looking at either Canon or Nikon. Canon EOS 1D, Canon EOS 350D or the Nikon D70. I really like the EOS 1D, but i have zero idea, how much do i have to fork out for the body and the lens(like those given in D70 kit).As for the 350D compared to the D70, 350D seems to be better but its not out yet. I hope i really get the right thing. Its the first and i'm sure it'll last me a long way. Thanks

perhaps if u REALLY have ZERO knowledge on photography, like what are shutter speeds etc.

maybe u wanna consider carefully before plunging into DSLRs?
cost can easily go up to 4 or 5k for a very basic set up

Actually i have experience with dark room processing and i mainly use Film SLRs. But i have zero DSLRs. sorry for misleading you guys. ;p Anyway thanks for you post! =)

if u realli have zero knowledge but still got $ to spare...maybe u might wan to get the 350D or D70....something entry level first b4 upgrading next time....the price for tat is less than 2K.... :)

oh yeah i meant to say i have zero Digital photoghraphy knowledge. sorry that i didnt do spell check.

alamak! then say so lah.. thought how come so garang...

maybe u wanna consider the lenses in ur current system? and stay with the same system if u wanna go digital. cos some lenses can be used on dslr bodies too.

D70 is a good enuff cam, or if u r a nikon user, can wait longer for D50 or D90?

aiyah very sad lah. The cam i have is pass down minolta Dynax. Its not even Canon or Nikon. I heard that new products might be buggy right? Wonder if it will be the same for the 350D... mmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.