which brand polariser is the best.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sequitur

Apr 17, 2003
flickr.com
hey guys

i know i'm nuts about circular polarisers.. i actually had a previous topic on 2 polarisers combined for effect...

but well
here's my new thread lol

sorry i just want blue skies and clear reflection-less waters !

:p

yeah so which brand is the best ?

those of you who can REALLY get VERY BLUE SKIES using skills and filters and NOT PS... pls reply.

is b+w good ? or.. which lah huh.. that's available in singapore ?

Originally posted by sequitur
hey guys

i know i'm nuts about circular polarisers.. i actually had a previous topic on 2 polarisers combined for effect...

but well
here's my new thread lol

sorry i just want blue skies and clear reflection-less waters !

:p

yeah so which brand is the best ?

those of you who can REALLY get VERY BLUE SKIES using skills and filters and NOT PS... pls reply.

is b+w good ? or.. which lah huh.. that's available in singapore ?

For really blue blue sky, i believe first and foremost, you need a blue sky. No amount of CPL or PS would do if the above is not satisfied. There is absolutely no need for 2 CPL, you will lose about 4 stops of light, which is quite bad. (assuming you are taking normal landscape shots.)

I believe 1 CPL would do, Hoya ones would do. As Adam suggest, B+W would be the higher consumer end ones. The build is better, handled their UV and CPl before. But be prepared for an arm and a leg, considering its just a piece of glass. :p

But, i believe, some PS is used to up the contrast in many of the blue skies you see. :)

Good Luck!

hmm.. is it ? okay thanks a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.