Which brand of flash memory will you buy?

Which brand of flash memory will you buy?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Actually am also interested in decent UDMA card readers (like the Lexar Dual Slot UDMA).

It would be great if you could get a good deal on this too.

I have Apacer 133X CF but it is not reliable. Get corrupted files at times. But my Sandisk Extreme III CF card have been fast and reliable. I guess the Sandisk Recovery software adds to the cost but it is certainly a worthy buy.

Voted Sandisk.
Sandisk has not failed me.. and their cards are fast and reliable.

I WILL NOT buy Lexar.... Recently I got a Platinum II 8gb card.. the pin separators broke off very quickly.. then recently a corner broke off while inserting into the camera. This exposed the electronics inside and killed the card. When i talked to Lexar Support online, they told me they cannot help me, and there is no local service centre, so if anything I'd have to pay to send to USA for checking even though they claim there is a lifetime warranty.

In short, don't buy it. Whatever lifetime warranty they claim is useless... they claim there is no warranty for breakage even though the warranty clause states that they cover "defects in workmanship and materials" and this is a clear cut case of defects. Even if you suffer data loss, sending it to USA for service would cost about as much as getting a new card.

QX

I had problems with my lexar pro CF card freezing up on me at 10+ deg C in Japan too, while my Kingston Ultimate II still works perfectly.

I'm using Sandisk and it's serving me well. I supposed I will buy Sandisk too in the future.

Sandisk. For superb reliability. Never fail me once in all these years.

sitex over liao. n i didn't buy the CF. got a 8GB microSDHC for my mp3 instead :bsmilie:

I have had 3 Kingston SD cards fail on me, but my 2 Kingston CF cards are still going strong. Maybe they are manufactured in different factories. Tried Lexar initially, but it had problems with my Canon 350D cam.

Will probably go with Sandisk with my next purchase to use with my D300.

I have had 3 Kingston SD cards fail on me, but my 2 Kingston CF cards are still going strong. Maybe they are manufactured in different factories. Tried Lexar initially, but it had problems with my Canon 350D cam.

How did your 3 Kingston SD cards fail on you? What capacity and type were they? Elite pro or SDHC? Where were they made?

Has anyone had lexar SDHC platinum II card fail on you before? If so, please relate your experience. Thank you.

Last edited:
sandisk or kingston..both jus as satisfactory for me

Kingston and Transcend...havent disappointed so far. Sandisk is faster and more expensive but not worth imo if the camera cannot clear the buffer fast enough to match the memory speed.

Lexar on my D90
Sandisk on my Sony Cybershot and PSP :cool:

Extreme IV. Yeah!

Whoever comes out with the CHEAPEST and FASTEST Cards get my money.
To me reliability is just a sampling issue. You can buy expensive lens, but if suay, kena soft copy, same wif CF cards: CHEAP and FAST is VIP.
:bigeyes:

My two Kingston 2Gig 50x elite pro still performing well.

Now that price difference between Sandisk and Kingston have become smaller (in KL) my last two CF are Sandisk Extm III

Hi like to share my experience on my Lexar SDHC platinum II card just recently. It was a brand new card came as a freebies when I bought my Nikon D90 only 3 weeks old. The card crash suddenly during one of my shoot. While reviewing the pictures, one by one the pictures appeared crossed like virus spreading slowly until the whole card blank out. Eventually the card damage message appeared on the camera. The worse thing is I cannot recover any pictures from the card anymore. The card is completely dead. Fyi, there is no Service Center for Lexar Singapore, when I send an email to their support center they claim it's a common problem with their card, that scare me. Now I have lost confident in Lexar card. Despite they willing to give one-one exchange but the information in the card is more important and precious to me. Now I change to Scandisk, so far so good. I have used Kingston for many years too none have given me any problem. So choose wisely.:)