Which brand of CPL to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, I got to test the new Schneider Digital+ filters I bought and are very pleased with them. I may be wrong but I found the CPL to give a marginally warmer tone compared to the Marumi DHG and Kenko Pro-1 Digital. As for its thickness, both the Marumi DHG and Schneider Digital+ are the same with the Kenko a little thicker.

As for the MRC-Haze, I didn't compare them to other filters but for those who are interested, comparisons have been made against the B+W MRC Haze. The comments in the link are in Chinese: http://digital.photosharp.com.tw/DIGITAL/Content.aspx?News_No=3240&Lang=0

Finally, I got to test the new Schneider Digital+ filters I bought and are very pleased with them. I may be wrong but I found the CPL to give a marginally warmer tone compared to the Marumi DHG and Kenko Pro-1 Digital. As for its thickness, both the Marumi DHG and Schneider Digital+ are the same with the Kenko a little thicker.

As for the MRC-Haze, I didn't compare them to other filters but for those who are interested, comparisons have been made against the B+W MRC Haze. The comments in the link are in Chinese: http://digital.photosharp.com.tw/DIGITAL/Content.aspx?News_No=3240&Lang=0

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Pardon me asking but where can I get the Schneider Digital+ filters?

In fact, I just bought the Schneider Digital+ filters last evening. I actually wanted the B+W MRC UV-Haze and B+W MRC CPL but finally took home the following Schneider Digital+ filters: Slim Circular CPL (72 and 77mm) and UV-Haze (62, 72 and 77mm). The initial impressions I had last night when trying out these filters on the Nikkor 105f2.8, 12-24f4 and 18-200f4.5 were good.

I will probably evaluate them properly over the next few days and compare them to the Marumi DHG filters.

Hi David

I am looking for some CPL filters too, can you advice how much you bought those filters and fom which shop did you purchase from?

Regards
htx

well, i received my 77mm B+W Kaesemann CPL last night. i haven't had a chance to test it in the field yet, but it is solidly built and looks like a quality piece of glass.

then again i have nothing to benchmark it against as it is my first CPL...so i'm not sure how i'd make a comparison against others.

it is the most intriguing piece of glass tho. i can look through it at my computer screen and at the turn of my wrist blank out everything on the screen with everything else around it still perfect. something which evades me. it also cuts glare and reflection from the ambient light around very efficiently (then again, all CPL's do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.