Where's a good place to get my negatives (35mm) scanned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timber Wolf

Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Hello all... Not sure which forum to post so I'll post here.
I recently shot a roll with the Dynax 7, and I've sent the film for develop and scan. Cost me $15 and the results were very bad. (Let's not get into that.)

I'd like to know if anyone can recommend a place where I can get high-res (>6mp, 8-10mp preferable) 16-bit TIFF files from 35mm negatives at reasonable price. Can anyone help?

I've asked Kex already but he doesn't do whole-roll processing like last time liao.

Cheers!
QX

depends on where u live.... ard town, guess u can try asking colour lab or fotohub. a little further will be KT over at hong lim complex. west, i sent mine to miao laan for developing and scanning.

Hi thanks I live in the east. KT doesn't save TIFF unfortunately, or I'd have gone to them too :)
QX

to what i noe the noritsu machines dun save in tiff files? thats y veri hard to find scanning saved in tiff

Hi thanks I live in the east. KT doesn't save TIFF unfortunately, or I'd have gone to them too :)
QX

TIFF? hmm... most shops i've checked offer 8 or 16 bit JPGs, or BMP. haven't come across any shop that does TIFF.... :think:

if TIFF, think u must look for shops which offer high-end drum scanning liao.

Hmm.. thought jpeg only came in 8bit? If there's 16bit scanning normally means it's a tiff. any place to recommend?

Thx!

Hmm okie thanks I shall KIV. call them tmrw :)

Cheers
QX

there's this CSer... Kex, his shop is in bedok north, and does drum scanning of negs. Maybe you can PM him to check. I got a couple of B&W negs scanned by him. Higher res and cheaper than fotohub :)

I rent my Imacon out if you're interested in doing your own hi speed scans. Email if interested.

Haha thanks for the offer terence. I've gone to kex (boonwei) to scan my pics. =)
QX

Status
Not open for further replies.