Where to Take Outdoor Graduation Photo ?

cjtks

Apr 9, 2011
fivetan.wordpress.com
Folks
Where do you suggest is the best location for taking outdoor graduation photo ? My friend suggested Boat Quay area where the statues are & I though of Old Supreme Court. Any hot spots ?
Regards & thanks. :D

Think the old court is under renovation?

So many places; boat quay, victoria theatre, old paliament house, Fullerton

I would take the outdoor in school instead.
Folks
Where do you suggest is the best location for taking outdoor graduation photo ? My friend suggested Boat Quay area where the statues are & I though of Old Supreme Court. Any hot spots ?

Why these locations? In a graduation the person is the main focus, right? Why do you need statues, buildings and other stuffs in the background? Use the school / university where the person studied or use neutral background like greenery or others.

Folks

For Old Supreme Court, you need to avoid the side that's facing the New Sup Court. That portion is under going renovation.

I see people taking photos outside New Sup Court and Parliament House all the time. Haha

Which school are you from? Possible to shoot in the school compound and around the area? i believe in years to come, that might bring back memories, especially if the school shifts or gets renovated.

Which school is your friend graduating from? Like what some had suggested, take photo using his/her school as the background...

Thanks folks for all the replies ! Mine is an overseas sch (Uni of Newcastle) which is housed in PSB Academy and the surrounding is not nice at all (small too). I did took some shots at S'pore Conference Hall where we graduated but thought of doing the traditional practices of outdoor shooting. Err...is it still a practice ?

Thanks folks for all the replies ! Mine is an overseas sch (Uni of Newcastle) which is housed in PSB Academy and the surrounding is not nice at all (small too). I did took some shots at S'pore Conference Hall where we graduated but thought of doing the traditional practices of outdoor shooting. Err...is it still a practice ?

i think it still is.. haha

I did photoshoot once for my friends. We went to Esplanade rooftop, MBS and Marina Barrage. Some people I know went to Botanic Gardens. As said, the main focus is the graduands. Buildings, landscapes and background are secondary.

Punggol Waterway can be a potential location, just the accessibility is not that good. Either you cross the grassy (sometimes muddy) slope, or go one big round.