Where to service Lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grado

Dec 28, 2003
I have a 70-210mm f4 that I am thinking of doing a general servicing. Nothing wrong with the lens, it works fine, just wanted to maybe clean, lube and adjust since I bought it 2nd hand. Where would be a good place and how much would it cost? How is Minolta service centre?

grado said:
I have a 70-210mm f4 that I am thinking of doing a general servicing. Nothing wrong with the lens, it works fine, just wanted to maybe clean, lube and adjust since I bought it 2nd hand. Where would be a good place and how much would it cost? How is Minolta service centre?

Minolta Service Centre is good ..... the receptionist is quite pretty with a sweet voice ..... the only down side is they takes 2+ weeks to tell me they do not have spare to repair my lens.......

blurblock said:
Minolta Service Centre is good ..... the receptionist is quite pretty with a sweet voice ..... the only down side is they takes 2+ weeks to tell me they do not have spare to repair my lens.......

you must call them to case them one.

Hiee...

I have great experiences with the Minolta Service Centre so far. Send in the following items before and on avarage 2wks ....max.

- 50 mm CLA (Clean lube and Alignment)
- 100-300mm APO - CLA
- Dynax 7 - CLA

I personally think, its good to send in lens for CLS one and awhile.....like car sevice.......so that your equipment would usually be in tip top condition. Especially if you are the heavy user type.

rgds,
Sulhan

sulhan said:
Hiee...

I have great experiences with the Minolta Service Centre so far. Send in the following items before and on avarage 2wks ....max.

- 50 mm CLA (Clean lube and Alignment)
- 100-300mm APO - CLA
- Dynax 7 - CLA

I personally think, its good to send in lens for CLS one and awhile.....like car sevice.......so that your equipment would usually be in tip top condition. Especially if you are the heavy user type.

rgds,
Sulhan

sorry guys, but what is this CLA (clean lupe & alignment) thing actually does? :embrass:

how much does it cost for CLA??

Hiee Ileaf...

Clean lube (lubrication) and alignment is just a "name" to describe what they normally do on lens during servicing. Well....cleaning may involve cleaning the lens from fungus, dust, fibres etc. Where lube would probably means lubrication.....maybe with grease etc...which will give better gearing moveent, focal ring or zoom ring twist etc. Whereas alignemnt may be they carry out some alignment test to see if any problem to help reduce noise, out of focus etc.....and many other things. They would also tell you on some "you have to live with it" type of problems like lens that may have been well used...loose zoom etc...

Sometimes they also replace woen out parts and if it would cost a lot, normally they will call you and give you a rough qoutation before proceeding the change...

Roughly about $60 to $80 .....i think....depends on extent of damage or service request......

Hope this helps...

rgds,
Sulhan....from PVG

hi sulhan,

thks for sharing.
2day i fulfilled my target -- learning a new thing a day about photography.
thks...

Status
Not open for further replies.