Where to Rent? Movies by Hayao Miyazaki

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahbian

May 23, 2006
Hi guys,

I am having difficulty looking for places to rent the japanese cartoons by Hayao Miyazaki,
namely Princess Mononoke..

Anyboy with recommendations on where to rent this rather obscure movie?

probably can buy the dvd off the net.

think mononoke abit overhyped by the US part cos they actually watched this 1st then then rest like laputa, etc...

still like laputa the best... not really the totoro kinda guy...

I like Totoro if I felt a bit childish, bring back memory of growing up kampong style where you play with spiders etc.

I like Only Yesterday when I felt a bit old. This is one major different kind of drawing style, watercolour effect, and if you notice no cell is repeated! When they go around in car, notice the background. Also the ending where it shows daily life happening around a bridge, from morning to night. very nice.

Why you want to rent? This is a keeper. Buy it!

i saw a dvd collection of Miyazaki films in one of the local video shops. maybe you can get a copy for yourself. i'm not sure which shop it was, but i think it should be easy to find. :)

Thanks guys for the response.

Not too sure about the hype, but I'm looking for some cartoon/movie with an environmental theme, and which can be enjoyed by teenagers. :)

i bought a collection (of 10) of Studio Ghibli VCDs some years back, i oso have Princess Mononoke. :)

Last edited:
i bought a collection (of 10) of Studio Ghibli VCDs some years back, i oso have Princess Mononoki. :)

Now I think got DVD collection. If you want to buy I think Kinokuniya should have. Go to Orchard branch.

Thanks guys for the response.

Not too sure about the hype, but I'm looking for some cartoon/movie with an environmental theme, and which can be enjoyed by teenagers. :)

Nausicaa, the Valley of the Wind is a nice one.

Not by Miyazaki but another guy from Studi Ghibili - Grave of Firefly is also nice.

Thanks guys for all the helpful suggestions!

Some titles I've never heard before, will shop around. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.