Where to get Extention Tubes that AutoFocus

lixiang9779

Mar 14, 2011
I realised that theres not many posts on extention tubes.
Im interested in starting in MACRO shots,
but i want to try out with extention tubes first.
I understand that theres extention tubes with AF systems for nikons,
like Kenko AF, but anyone know where can i get it , and what is de price for it?
Thanks!

like Kenko AF, but anyone know where can i get it , and what is de price for it?
Thanks!

You can get the Kenko AF extension tubes in shops like Cathay, TK Foto or Orient Photo.

They cost slightly over $200 for the set.

Wow thats not cheap!!
Then is it worth it? I understand there is de raynox
Or should just get a cheap macro lens like de tarmon 90mm?

Wow thats not cheap!!
Then is it worth it? I understand there is de raynox
Or should just get a cheap macro lens like de tarmon 90mm?

Nobody can tell you whether is the price worth it or not. I find that extension tubes are easy to use and seriously, I don't really go AF when using them, instead I use the cheap ones that don't allow AF of any type and go manual all the time.

Yes Raynox make good closeup lens and I find them pretty easy to use too. However, if I was you, and budget allows, I would rather get a dedicated macro lens (Tamron one is pretty good.)

rhino123 said:
Nobody can tell you whether is the price worth it or not. I find that extension tubes are easy to use and seriously, I don't really go AF when using them, instead I use the cheap ones that don't allow AF of any type and go manual all the time.

It's not so much about losing AF but losing aperture control. If stop down permanently, VF will be dark and affect your manual focusing also.

It's not so much about losing AF but losing aperture control. If stop down permanently, VF will be dark and affect your manual focusing also.

Well... seriously, I don't find that too limiting. But that is me...

lixiang9779 said:
Thanks!

Please read the FAQ sticky in the macro photography section. Will answer a lot of your questions.

Boss, the Kenko one can control Aperture...

Wow... the kenko extension tube are so ex now? i remember getting it brand new for not more then $140 but tt was 2yrs ago.. lol..
if u are using the "D" lens or lens with aperture ring then buy the manual extension tube n they are way cheaper.
But if ur lens are the newer version then u'll need the AF for aperture control.
But if u r look for the tube wit AF so u can use AF, then don waste ur time, u will vomit blood trying to get ur subject in focus.

Wow... the kenko extension tube are so ex now? i remember getting it brand new for not more then $140 but tt was 2yrs ago.. lol..
if u are using the "D" lens or lens with aperture ring then buy the manual extension tube n they are way cheaper.
But if ur lens are the newer version then u'll need the AF for aperture control.
But if u r look for the tube wit AF so u can use AF, then don waste ur time, u will vomit blood trying to get ur subject in focus.

inflation... wat to do?

if u thinking to buy localy, my friend just bought the meike autofocus & aperture control extension tube set for S$110 at moster camera(excelsior) about 2 weeks ago, we went to sgcamstore also but they're out of stock that time, they quote me S$105 for the same item if not mistaken

Last edited: