Where to Find Used Leica in Sing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Risdian

Hello everyone...

I'll be on business trip and plan for stopping by to Sing this July. From what I heard Sing has a good used camera market.
Can anyone help me where I should go in Sing to get a good store for a used Leica? I am hoping to get a metered body of an M (M5, M6, or M7 if any) and couple of lenses (28, 35, and/or 90mm) while I am in Sing. I hope I can save money on the body and get more lenses instead.

Its been sometime since I first lusting for a Leica but never got a chance to grab one. I made up my mind that I should have it now:) . So verymuch appreciated if you can help me to cure the fever...

I heard that areas of peninsula plaza has a compund of used camera stores, is there any particular stores should i go for used Leica-M? What about other places?

Thanks a lot...

Risdian

Peninsular Shopping Center's "The Camera Workshop" or commonly known as TCW has several used cameras and lenses.

Hi

I believe there was one at the Adelphi, in the basement.
Adelphi is opposite the Funan Centre and next to the St Andrew's Cathedral.

If you are keen on a Leica CL, I have one which I am prepared to sell for SGD1,500. It comes with 40mm and 90mm.

Rgds
ONG Teong Hoon

Thanks everyone,

Just back from the business trip. I already got hold an M6 TTL, mint+boxed, for quite a price from TCW. Don (I think that was his name) was very persuasive. I fell for whatever he did to me. Anyhow I give up my EOS5 and two lenses to cover the price. Got 35 summicron ASPH in box, and a clean elmar-c 90mm with it.
Got a nicer price from the used camera store beside Cathay actually, but they didn't want to take my EOS5 body. That would be way off budget.

So far been good with this outfit. Not yet a problem.
For the CL offer, too bad i am out of Sing already. I would've loved to check it out. I'll check with you next time i stop by, in case you're still selling.

Anyhow, if anyone care, in Bangkok at the current moment of writing new M7 body costs only USD 1800, which I think cheaper than Cathay offers. I should plan a trip there. The news said that the secondhand stuff should go reasonably lower than elsewhere as well.

Cheers,
RR

Originally posted by Risdian

Anyhow, if anyone care, in Bangkok at the current moment of writing new M7 body costs only USD 1800,

Do u have the address of the shop that sells the M7 at this price? ;p

hi guys,

just for your info,

Digi Photo (formerly PhotoAlley) at Suntec near Carrefour is having a sales on Leica special edition limited edition cameras for sales...

Do look for Christopher.. He is a nice guy.. All the cameras come with certs....

Worth taking a look...

Originally posted by kenghor
Do u have the address of the shop that sells the M7 at this price? ;p

Store name is Camera File, G floor of MBK mall, next to A2Z cloth shop.
You know where MBK mall right? you should be. Its very well known mall in BKK. Otherwise just ask around. they will know where is MBK.

regards,

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.