Where to find lots of butterflies in Singapore??

Status
Not open for further replies.

birefringence

Jun 24, 2003
Visit site
Hello Fellow Macrophotographers

Please advise which is the best place in Singapore to find lots of butterflies.

Thanks. :bsmilie:

-bire

Very hard to find them in nature reserves. I was in Botanical Gardens this morning. Hardly see 1, man. :bsmilie:

2 places I can think of:

1) Zoo - just 20m before the Train (no typo) station. There's this enclosed area (can't rember the name).
But most (if not all) of the butterflies are white.

2) Butterfly park in sentosa (as mentioned by nightwolf)
Much more variety, Have the pupae too.
Got dried specimen of butterflies + beetles as bonus.

The 2 places are 'sure-have' ones, if you don't mind house-kept (ie not wild) bugs.

try the zoo.. some butterflies place.. i dun remember the name.. but the place is flooded with butterflies.. and u can even place the nectar on yur hand to lure the butterflies to u.. it is somekind of trail to let u walk in and it's covered with nets... wild forest of something like that it's near to one of the kiddy lands.

HeWolf said:
2 places I can think of:

1) Zoo - just 20m before the Train (no typo) station. There's this enclosed area (can't rember the name).
But most (if not all) of the butterflies are white.

2) Butterfly park in sentosa (as mentioned by nightwolf)
Much more variety, Have the pupae too.
Got dried specimen of butterflies + beetles as bonus.

The 2 places are 'sure-have' ones, if you don't mind house-kept (ie not wild) bugs.

Found out already, that location in Zoo is called "Fragile Forest".

just try AH first, its free... but if u dont mind to pay, go sentosa there(Butterfly Park).

xwiingsx said:
try the zoo.. some butterflies place.. i dun remember the name.. but the place is flooded with butterflies.. and u can even place the nectar on yur hand to lure the butterflies to u.. it is somekind of trail to let u walk in and it's covered with nets... wild forest of something like that it's near to one of the kiddy lands.

Located at the far end of the zoo, opposite the children playland. Once upon a time, there was a lot of butterflies there, a bit dry 2 months back. :dunno: Looks seasonal even in captivity.

Butterfly seasons in the wild come and go. Once I chance upon thousands of yellow butterflies at Mandai area - and as fast as they appeared - almost all gone the next week.....

I would say AH is the best place to go for the FOC option. Sentosa's Butterfly park is the pay option :bsmilie:

I was working at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve this morning and some customer said there were quite some butterflies up there~~~ I think it is time-dependent.

Status
Not open for further replies.