Where to catch some F1 action for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, F1 is the first & last time experience. Smokey, noisy, humid and warm. Subsequent times, pay me I also don't wanna go.

Most Singaporean you see there are either as contractor (working) or given free tickets by sponsor.

Most Singaporean you see there are either as contractor (working) or given free tickets by sponsor.

Fully agreed and very true! Most of my frenz all go there becos of "free tickets".... after all, who would really be in the right frame of mind to pay 700+ for a 3-day event? :?

Unless got a good spot and some good gears to capture those moments else go there to torture your ear drums and inhaling burning tires smell, no thanks for me. ;p

and that's because the tickets are paid for by corporate sponsors or by credit card firms etc. usually Corporate/Sponsor purchases of tickets are cheaper than normal tickets

do you think that F1 Singapore is so stupid as to give away so many tickets for free?

there are only a few job scopes within F1's workers and volunteers i know who will get free tickets... but it's not all of them.

Fully agreed and very true! Most of my frenz all go there becos of "free tickets".... after all, who would really be in the right frame of mind to pay 700+ for a 3-day event? :?

so you're saying that people like me and the rest of the people who paid for the tickets are insane?

just because you don't enjoy watching cars racing doesn't mean that others would be stupid to do it.

if you had a unique hobby that everyone says you're wasting money on and people call you insane, would you agree with it or would you correct them by telling them that it's an interest and you don't mind paying for it?

you lack wisdom and understanding.

so you're saying that people like me and the rest of the people who paid for the tickets are insane?

just because you don't enjoy watching cars racing doesn't mean that others would be stupid to do it.

if you had a unique hobby that everyone says you're wasting money on and people call you insane, would you agree with it or would you correct them by telling them that it's an interest and you don't mind paying for it?

you lack wisdom and understanding.

Apologies if my statement hit your raw nerve, no hard feelings. Been asking around if they buying the tix for the race, their first response is "siao bor!" :D

You belong to the select minority group of exceptions who find it wholly justifiable to watch the three days, perhaps also flying to the next circuit for the upcoming season.... cheers :)

Last edited:
I paid for 3 tickets in 2011. The $1XX tickets at marina stand. Not a fan of the sports but just to experience it since it's in SIN. The concert and overall Amosphere was good. With the ticket we get to walk around the track and at some view point we were just next to the track and the $7-9XX grand stand, only that we are at ground level :) some will say siaobo when they see your $2XXX L Lens too Kekekkeke ....

Thousands of people with no interest in F1, bought tickets just to watch BigBang, Tom Jones, The Killers, Bob Geldof and Rihanna
not forgetting all the back-up acts, bands and other entertainment + F&B while not cheap is still pretty OK priced

Just dont buy F1 merchandise .... just too rich for my blood

if you choose not to pay then thats your own decision and perogative which I hope the others will respect ..... no need to justify or sour grapes comment

I found Fri night totally worth every cent of my $68 well spent .... we went in around 4pm to shoot performers, the first practice round and the great sunset and went out and bought our own dinner nearby at Funan IT Mall later after the first practice round , went home for a nice shower and come back in later to enjoy the cool night and concert from 11pm till 1am

A regular Saturday evening on Orchard Rd already cost more than that

well... up to u guys .... lets just respect each others' decisions on this

Last edited:
I paid for 3 tickets in 2011. The $1XX tickets at marina stand. Not a fan of the sports but just to experience it since it's in SIN. The concert and overall Amosphere was good. With the ticket we get to walk around the track and at some view point we were just next to the track and the $7-9XX grand stand, only that we are at ground level :) some will say siaobo when they see your $2XXX L Lens too Kekekkeke ....

When i first attended the second & third day back in 2008, with the heavy mama lens, my neck drooped and needed koyo plasters for few days. ;p thereafter I told myself watch at comfort of home better, as cameras located at strategic bends & turns chase after the coverage of the race cars.

Last edited:
When i first attended the second & third day back in 2008, with the heavy mama lens, my neck drooped and needed koyo plasters for few days. ;p thereafter I told myself watch at comfort of home better, as cameras located at strategic bends & turns chase after the coverage of the race cars.

you need more conditioning only... i suggest you strap a 1.5 Liter water bottle on your neck for a few days :D it should be around the mass of a nice big tele-L
if not, feel free to use 2 or 3 bottles

you need more conditioning only... i suggest you strap a 1.5 Liter water bottle on your neck for a few days :D it should be around the mass of a nice big tele-L
if not, feel free to use 2 or 3 bottles

Hahaha, once is more than enough... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.