Where to buy Stofen Omnibounce for SB600?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pillow

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know where can I buy Stofen Omnibounce for Nikon SB600 and what is the price? I called Cathay but they say dun have. Thanks...

Yeah! Exactly what Picard said. Tried one at CP and nearly got a hernia trying to push it in.

But, a posting in the Nikonian forum seems to indicate that there's a newer version of the Stofen Omnibounce. Anyone seen the new version?

Nikonian Forum Posting

Yup... The Stofen Omnibounce SB-5 for the SB800 fits pretty well... But a bit loose though... Cuz I use a self-made bounce card attached using velcro, there's this part of velcro on my flash head that makes the fit tighter. I've read on the Nikonians forum that people use a bit of felt tape on the flash head to make it fit better...

Hi to all, got the same problem also. returned to cathay for an exchange to another item.
Five of the sales staff have fun that afternoon trying to fix the newer version that mark clearly "OM-EX for the Canon 420EX and Nikon SB600", but without luck. Becareful, try before buying this OM-EX, ok!

Nikonians forum also got this problem.

Well, me was confuse and decided to write to this company and there this is:

First reply email;
Please calm down and answer just one question. Did the unit you purchased
say for the Canon 420EX and Nikon SB600, as this is the NEW Version of the
OM-EX that fits both units nicely per our instructions in this packaging. If
it ONLY said for Canon 420EX it is the Older unit that will ONLY fit the
Canon 420EX and indeed WILL NOT fit the Nikon SB600 flash at all.

And yes we do have the NEW OM-EX on our Nikon SB600 here in the office and
it fits and works just fine. So please as we said at the beginning just Calm
Down and try the unit intended for the SB600 and packaged as such. We have been supplying proper fitting units for over 25 years now with very few complaints such as yours.

Ernie

www.stofen.com

2nd reply email;
Just tried to clarify the model you purchased as we had made a change in the OM-EX to better fit the Canon 420EX several weeks before we even saw the Nikon SB600 flash. We then right away changed the package to reflect the SB600 as away of knowing which units were which. When the SB600 became available here we had one sent to us by overnight Air to see whatwe had in existing product that might fit and
found the New OM-EX to be a good march. It does, per our instructions, need
to be stretched by pulling apart on the long side before applying to the
flash. As you also must do the Canon 420EX flash as well. This is because
neither the Canon 420 or Nikon 600 flashes have anything to use on the flash
to hold on a unit, with out using something like Velcro, other than a
pressure fit with our Soft material Omni units. When the unit is slipped
onto the 600 head it will go all the way down on the top protruding side of
the flash head and about half way down on the opposite side. It fits this
way tight enough that you can pick up the flash just holding the Omni at the
top and not have the flash fall off, which is our company criteria for
attachment to any and all product we offer and have offered since 1979. We
have ALWAYS been and will continue to be an honest and respected company
that puts the customer and customer service first and foremost. Or we would
not have been around for 25+ years for sure.

Ernie

Conclusion of story is it still cant be fitted to SB600!

This Ernie guy seems pissed and impatient in his email replies... might be a result of answering tons of emails from SB600 users complaining the bounce does not fit ;). New or old version, both DOES NOT FIT. I sold mine and forgot about the whole thing. Just wait for Nikon to intro one specifically for SB600 lah!

Cheers.

thanks for all the advice, looks like got to wait ...

Hi need help,

Anyone has this Kenko PRO 300 ***3.0x*** teleconverter!
Seems like cant get it in S'pore. Like to get one to try on my 2.8 zoom lens.
Cathay sell pro 300 2X in black colour n a version for "DIGITAL" for $260, but in this wed site its white! Wonder why! Some other Forum also state that it has AFS version! Woh!

Anyway, if got this pro 300 3Xtimer please let us know the performance, also where to get it n how much, which version!

http://www.thkphoto.com/products/kenko/slrc-01.html

Thanks first to the Experience one!

Dont think nikon will be luanching a bounce for SB600, cause from comparing with SB800 there's two small hole by the side of the flash head to secure the bounce made for SB800. Where the SB600 do not have.

Or maybe I'll try lumiquest promax systerm. cathay at $95 abit too costly.

http://www.lumiquest.com/

Or maybe the SB600 ver will be fitting rather then clip-on just like the one for SB800. In any case, if they do not come out with one, then the Stofen SB-5 with velcro will be the only way. With the wide angle diffuser on the SB, no choice must find one with the diffuser hump in it.

Been looking for the lumiquest ultrabounce that might work, but may be available overseas only. Anyway, the Promax is going for 80 bucks. I asked. Great thing is that it doesn't need walls/ceilings to bounce from. Bad thing is I find that it looks like a joke when attached on the flash.

Hi Mav , $80 where? ask cathay last two week was $95.... joke or not think it can have good diffusion effect. Seen any clubsnap member use it before? ya dont look very good also i think.

Hi Photominia. There's this nice salesperson I always approach whom I can comfortably bargain with. Prices may vary I think. But that's the price I got. The kit is going for 50% off. Anyway, you get a lot of stuff for that 80/95 bucks. Might consider getting man. There's only 1 box left when I was there so... Beat you to it! ;)

Hi Mav,

U know what MAV+P (for Photominia) stands for...........
My As_ Very Pain!!! ......heehee .

How can u do that, ....not faire! Rewind-back....... For a start wheres the shop n shop name!

Status
Not open for further replies.