Where to buy silica gel?

tansrb

Nov 6, 2007
as topic. need for camera dry box as current silica gel pack got tore apart by a baby.

Dec 11, 2010
I hope the baby didnt eat any of those..

Yup.. those stores selling cameras including challenger will have.. check those out..

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
My neighbourhood photo developing shop already has it, should be the same for most neighbourhoods.

area0404

Nov 10, 2011
Saw a shelf full of silica gel in Challenger at Vivo City right besides the Canon store. Can go check that out.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
What is the average price?
Do they come in many many small packets or what?
Can I also use it for my medicine pills containers?

Last edited:

qystan

Jul 8, 2010
sin77 said:
Since you asked and I couldn't resist.

Yes we can supply in any package size to suit your needs. We have 5g, 10g etc in 5g increments and also in 1 or 0.5kg steps

As for the pack dimensions, we can customize to your exact needs, to fit your pill containers, just let us know the volumetric space available.

The min order is 500kg, in bulk packs of 25kg. For orders over 1 ton, we can provide a volume discount and waive sea freight & insurance. If you're in urgent need, airfreight can be arranged, but I'm afraid I will not be able to absorb this cost.

Do note that usual delivery terms of on dock ex-factory. Please advise your preferred shipper. If you do not have a shipper, we have worked with many major shippers and can recommend some in your country.

sin77

Nov 28, 2004
Since you asked and I couldn't resist.

Yes we can supply in any package size to suit your needs. We have 5g, 10g etc in 5g increments and also in 1 or 0.5kg steps

As for the pack dimensions, we can customize to your exact needs, to fit your pill containers, just let us know the volumetric space available.

The min order is 500kg, in bulk packs of 25kg. For orders over 1 ton, we can provide a volume discount and waive sea freight & insurance. If you're in urgent need, airfreight can be arranged, but I'm afraid I will not be able to absorb this cost.

Do note that usual delivery terms of on dock ex-factory. Please advise your preferred shipper. If you do not have a shipper, we have worked with many major shippers and can recommend some in your country.
Don't ridicule people. It's not funny

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
From the one I saw in the Challenger (IMM), it came in a bottle... no small packets... not sure what others would sell.

Actually I prefer it that way, easier to keep in any containers (old socks, medicine pill containers, cough syrup container, etc).

gakuse

Mar 4, 2009
Singapore
it would be great if any of you out there know where we could get the gel at the cheapest rate without compromising the quality. :thumbsup:

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
gakuse said:
it would be great if any of you out there know where we could get the gel at the cheapest rate without compromising the quality. :thumbsup:
Daiso?

eibona

Jul 18, 2007
Punggol
www.flickr.com
if you stay in the west.. The NTUC ( upstairs) at Jurong point is selling at $3.90 for a 500 gm bottle.. But I bought it more than half a year ago.. Not sure if the pricing is still the same..

Canvent

Jul 8, 2011
Singapore

Buy loose. Store in bak kut teh bag or resealable bags with perforations.

Pan fry before reuse!

qystan

Jul 8, 2010
sin77 said:
Don't ridicule people. It's not funny
Not intended to be funny.

TS asked questions appropriate to the retailer/seller.

Will anyone here possibly know it the packs can fit into his pill box? How big is his pill box? 1 liter, 1 gal, 10cc?

Typical of a lot of posts, questions are vague, desired answers are just as vague, information provided to seek help is worse.

This post (my) is absolutely OT.

spree86

Feb 3, 2009
Bishan
www.flickr.com
gakuse said:
Bishan standard photo selling $3.50

Dec 12, 2009
TS u might want to share where u stay or frequent? Easier for people to recommend shops ard those area.

Kensuke11

Jul 18, 2011
Can't find it at jurong point NTUC.. Been there twice alr
So bought it at a shop at Gek Poh..

rhino123

Staff member
Sep 1, 2006
NA
Can't find it at jurong point NTUC.. Been there twice alr
So bought it at a shop at Gek Poh..
Since you are at Jurong Point... next time, you might want to check out Challenger in IMM building. Not sure how much it cost, but I saw them there once.

Top Bottom