Where to buy LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cutting or sanding part is actually for the snap on area of the lens cover ya?
Have to file the cap down, so that you can just plopped it on and off easily without pushing it hard it to snap it into place.

The next thing is to find an aesthetically nice item to replace the black foam tapes to prevent the vignetting...

Well, that guy I mentioned sanding the lens cover in order to reduce its thickness. So that the vignetting problem can be avoided...

20081213_ecd6b9260c8e75b9b0d6lGb9IkTpHv2b.jpg

I think the thing in your pic is some kind of rubber spacing piece... look nice, but how could it be fixed on the cover? glue?

If it's not very convenient to put it on then I think I will go with the 680 package without LC1...:(

Will AP have enough LX3s for the few of us who are going down tomorrow evening? I'm sure none of us want to show up and then find out there aren't enough cameras to go around!

Alright guys, I got a few questions posted to me. Will get back to you after lunch.
As for the rest who has not given me their name and contact.
Please do? if not, i got to give the saleman your forum nick, which might be a bit funny. lol...
I'll contact those who are going down tomorrow at 6pm so that you can call me and we can all gather at the shop!
But I'll just buy and go off, coz I have a dinner appt. heh....
Just can't wait to get my hands on the LX3...

good question monoceros! will check tomorrow for avaiablity of stock.
coz i think only 5 of us are going down tomorrow.

If it's not very convenient to put it on then I think I will go with the 680 package without LC1...:(

i'm with solanin. i suck at diy-ing so i think i will give the LC1 a miss though i do hope that AP has got the LX3 cos i'm super excited :sweatsm:

hi bro filmstar tonight can join u all n buy the lx3 togther :) can reach around 6 to 6.15pm n total now how many ppl buying the LC1??

Hmm... Crscrs, you're not in the list... did we miss you out? anyways, no worries. We'll see you at AP SLS.
And yes, I'm getting the Ricoh LC-1. Its up to you whether you want to purchase the LC-1 or do without it at a cheaper rate.

1. Filmstar
2. Solanin
3. popsicleheels
4. Monoceros
5. okkyn
6. Crscrs

6 of us will be there to purchase the LX3 today ya? Will text you guys once I'm there.
For the rest of you people purchasing later on. I'll ask someone who is going to handle the namelist that I'll be handing over.
Post up the Sales person's name and you all can ask for him when you go down purchase your cameras.

Clubsnap MO list
UPDATED

Details Given/ Day of Purchase - Wed
Solanin
popsicleheels
Monoceros
okkyn
Crscrs

Details Given/ Day of Purchase - No indication
Cheersjy
Trioedge

Details - Not Given/ Day of Purchase - Sometime in March
Blackwolf
Doraemon88

Details - Not Given/ Day of Purchase - No Indication
Metalgear
Ciaoroma
Cheste
Bluepig
malkw

Purchased LX3
Evilnick

Hope my information here is correct. If not, please pm or reply to this thread.
Those who did not pm or reply in this thread. I'll still go ahead and give your name to AP SLS.
But I'll inform them that you did not indicate whether you're truly interested in going to AP SLS to get what we are getting here. Okay?

Last edited:
Thanks filmstar! I'll purchase it either this weekend or sometime in Mar. BTW if I don't need LC-1, what's the bulk purchase pricing?

Also, can I purchase it from AP Funan instead of SLS?

Aiya, u really need to read back and find out what's going on before you commit to this thing.
U have to get it from AP SLS! coz i'm leaving our namelist there! and the price with lc-1 is $700, without is $680...

I'm headed down to AP SLS now! WOOHOOO.... gonna get me my LX3 + LC-1! cya "FIVE" in a while!
If I'm rushing for time I'll text you who to ask for!
TATA!!

Wat a fXXxxxx day after finish work heavy rain going all e way there den tell me no more black colour if i wan sliver colour wat e point to buy this price at $680. Dxxx waste my time going there getting nothing n my 3hour OT $$$ wat a Fxxx. I ask them e black colour when u had stock they said not sure about 1 to 3 week time ..... so if u wan to buy black colour pls check before hand waste my time XXXXX

Last edited:
Wat a fXXxxxx day after finish work heavy rain going all e way there den tell me no more black colour if i wan sliver colour wat e point to buy this price at $680. Dxxx waste my time going there getting nothing n my 3hour OT $$$ wat a Fxxx. I ask them e black colour when u had stock they said not sure about 1 to 3 week time ..... so if u wan to buy black colour pls check before hand waste my time XXXXX

whoa bro, wer u the guy in black polo? i was quite depressed after finding out no black and it will take so long. watever it is, i'm leaving for perth soon and they won't have it before i leave so i hack it and just buy. i know its long-term investment drama haha but i never had a black cam so was pretty excited and i have no time to go find the best offer. oh wat the hell. i'm starting to love silver alrdy. :bheart::bheart:

My friend today just buy one LX3 from MS colour. $690. Looking for black, they have. same package as one offering from APSL.

ya i wearing black polo sian sliver colour for $680 not for me i dun wan sliver . i can easy go other place n buy black colour e most just pay $690 to $700 just a $10 to 20 diff only.

I also bought the LX-3 black color at MS Color AMK a week ago, I don't think it's difficult to find a black one :)

Hi all,
So sorry for those who didn't get the black LX3 today.
No one actually did mentioned about getting the Black or Silver version.
Totally slipped my mind too.
But anyways, those who are still going to go get the LX3, pls call AP SLS and look for MR Toh.
Tell him about the bundle and pricing, and then reserve a black one.
Mr Toh mentioned that he will call you when the shipment comes in.

oh wells! a part of me was so tired of trying to find a good deal and another loser part of me was happy/sad at the fact i'm the 'cool' minority owner of silver lx-3 kekekeke.

Hi all,
So sorry for those who didn't get the black LX3 today.
No one actually did mentioned about getting the Black or Silver version.
Totally slipped my mind too.
But anyways, those who are still going to go get the LX3, pls call AP SLS and look for MR Toh.
Tell him about the bundle and pricing, and then reserve a black one.
Mr Toh mentioned that he will call you when the shipment comes in.

hi bro not ur problem most of e ppl wan black when i start to post anybody keen to get e lx3 together as a group after i see e list when it reach to 5 i do email to ap sls n check for the price for the black colour lx3 again black colour lol. when i got the price i do post it here just :angry: anyway no point to wait again.

Well, that guy I mentioned sanding the lens cover in order to reduce its thickness. So that the vignetting problem can be avoided...

20081213_ecd6b9260c8e75b9b0d6lGb9IkTpHv2b.jpg

I think the thing in your pic is some kind of rubber spacing piece... look nice, but how could it be fixed on the cover? glue?

Anyone has any idea how and what he use to file the LC-1 to that size and still looking pretty neat...

You mean they only have silver LX3 left yesterday? Guess I would have to wait a while for the black ones to arrive.

Anyone has any idea how and what he use to file the LC-1 to that size and still looking pretty neat...

Can you kindly post how you mod the LC-1 lens cover? Is the portion to shorten made of plastic or rubber?

Status
Not open for further replies.