Where to buy LX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybro here keen to get the LX3 together since i see alot ppl asking for the price if we buy together maybe can get the better price for the LX3 Anybody?:)

SouthAsia Computer shop at Funan having camera promo for LX3 and other cameras.
For LX3, the bundle is:

2 x 4gig SD Card
1 x original battery
1 x "spectacles" lumix case
1 x mini tripod
1 x cleaning kit

All for SGD739.00, GST included.

The "package" is not very attractive leh.... unless you are opting for the original battery instead of the third-party counterpart...

The "package" is not very attractive leh.... unless you are opting for the original battery instead of the third-party counterpart...

It's ok lah. I had extra cash to donate to the economy. And I liked the service better than what I encountered at Harvey Norman Funan.

It's ok lah. I had extra cash to donate to the economy. And I liked the service better than what I encountered at Harvey Norman Funan.

Good for you..... our SG economy really need more people like you... :bsmilie: For me price is more important than service.

Having said that, I have yet to purchase a camera from HN as neither their price or service is good... I think most of the time fellow CSers know more than staff (selling dslr) in HN.... ;)

Having said that, I have yet to purchase a camera from HN as neither their price or service is good... I think most of the time fellow CSers know more than staff (selling dslr) in HN.... ;)

Service vs price, I guess depends on the person lah. But I do agree with your comment about HN. HN staff nowadays getting a bit dodgy. Not like last time when they first started out.

Service vs price, I guess depends on the person lah. But I do agree with your comment about HN. HN staff nowadays getting a bit dodgy. Not like last time when they first started out.

One thing that got on my nerve, is that sometime if you inquiry from "superstore".Sometime they "act" that they know their product very well... and tried to bluff their way thru...

When you tried to "correct" them, they would get angry and tell you that you on the face that you are wrong and that they are right.... :angry:

Got mine from MS Color (AMK Hub) yesterday

$690 (incl. GST, cash only) bundle:

LX3
8GB Class 4 Kingston Card (Can topup for a Sandisk Ultra II with $20)
Lumix Case (Not the DMC-CLX3)
Screen Protector
3rd Party Battery

Also, got a Ricoh LC1 Lens cover from the mainstore... bought the last piece for $39 ;p

Hi Guys,

Just asked a shop in people's park complex..shop called "*eo*le's *ark audio". they have stock and are selling it at $660. I know you may doubt the price, but that is already inclusive of gst.

He also mentioned to me inclusive of:

1. Original casing (not sure which kind)
2. Extra battery
3. stand (those crap tripod?)
4. 4gb card (not important to me? hehe...sd cards are easily available)
5. 1 year International Warranty

He only gave this price when I am walking out of the shop...so I guess if you guys want, can head there to buy. I didn't buy cause I cant justify selling my g7 for this camera, though I love it alot.

Ok. Updates after buying it yesterday:

1. Original casing (the smooth one, not the retro-looking kind)
2. Extra battery (Not true! don't have, unless top up $30 for third party)
3. stand (Ok lahz. Simple standard mini ball stand)
4. 4gb card (Toshiba SDHC)
5. 1 year International Warranty
6. Cleaning Kit (crap to me anyway)

Total as mentioned: $660 (more for people who don't want the battery as part of the pacakage I guess, I don't mind paying a smaller figure as the 8gb sd card also not critical at all.) Though, I can't avoid feeling a bit jittery buying from dodgy shops that are out to kill tourists. Checked everything damn thoroughly...

How about martin fields screen protector, you can get from http://doml.com.sg/productdec.asp?pid=4110&model=Pana_LX3&modeln=Lumix DMC-LX3. Its alittle pricey tho :)

Crap! should have checked with DOML. haha...bought a 3.5" wide from challenger store yesterday and had to cut it. But guess the cutting caused the plastic to be not as smooth, so now edge had a little part not adhered to surface...

Got mine from MS Color (AMK Hub) yesterday

$690 (incl. GST, cash only) bundle:

LX3
8GB Class 4 Kingston Card (Can topup for a Sandisk Ultra II with $20)
Lumix Case (Not the DMC-CLX3)
Screen Protector
3rd Party Battery

got the same package like u bro from ms color :thumbsup:

where to get the lx3 without the extras for real lowest price ?

Anybro here keen to get the LX3 together since i see alot ppl asking for the price if we buy together maybe can get the better price for the LX3 Anybody?:)

Hi, I m also interested in getting a LX3. Would buying in groups bring down the price significantly?
If so, I might join in also. If not, might as well wait for the IT show to see if the price goes down further.

BTW, the last quote I got from Bryan from Alan Photo few weeks back is $690 for the following items:

camera
case (dunnoe which type)
extra 3rd party battery
mini-tripod
8gb SDHC card

On top of that, the LC-1 lens cover cost another $25.

That would be $715 for everything I wanted.

Oh bro u also wan to get e LC1 len hehe me too hmmm so far only 3 of us keen only. IT show coming soon e most they give u 1 more sd card or sd card reader only other den that the price i don't think is cheap at all but if u wan no harm to wait n see.

I'm interested in getting the LX3 with the LC-1 too. I'm also sourcing around for prices but everything seems about the same as what you guys are talking about.

I'd prefer a package that consist of:

LX3
DMW-CLX3 Leather Carrying Case
Any extra battery
mini-tripod (can do without)
8gb SDHC card (maybe buy another additional 8gb SDHC card from Simlim)

Let me know if there's any good outcome for a group purchase.

Last edited:
I am keen in the group purchase too!
Pls keep me informed about the package and price ;)

yup, interested to know bulk purchase price and package too. keep me posted. thnx.

So i suppose those interested in bulk purchase would be:

1. Filmstar (+ friend)
2. Cheersjy
3. Ciaoroma
4. EvilNick
5. Cheste

I have another friend who is keen on buying the LX3 too.. so at the moment there should be 4 persons keen (including my friend).
I'll go check with AP @ SLS and John3:16 @ Funan and post up my findings here soon.
Maybe someone would be kind enough to ask MS Color (AMK Hub).
I should be getting the LX3 next Thurs or Fri.

Last edited:
Hey filmstar.
I am interested in getting LX3 too.
But need to know the price and whats in the bundle.
Thanks.:D

I'd like to join in too but may I suggest an option for just camera body alone without any of the freebies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.