Where to buy cheaper high capacity (5000mAh) battery for Canon EOS 600D

Limmo

Jul 25, 2011
Hi,

Anyone one out there know where I can get high capacity battery (5000mAh) for Canon EOS 600D??? Cos went to SIM Lim last weekend and saw some selling high capacity batt (5000mAh), think the brand starts with letter 'O' or 'T', almost all the shops are selling....and most of them are selling at rather high price. Anyone pls advice.

Thank you.

5000mAh is really high. If they do exist chances are they are just overrated.

Try dealxtreme.com or eBay for really cheap deals, most shops would sell third party batteries for about 20+

Give me one bat and I can stamp 10,000 mAh for u. U get the picture? There is nothing stopping some con from making a fast buck. I bet they are manafactured in "China".

5000mAh is just a gimick from cheap 3rd party manufacturers. If you want cheap batteries, go ebay buy from those china/hk sellers. Bought a handful of Travor's brand for my 500D more than 1.5 years ago, still work well. 1 on 1 it doesn't last as long as original (my original died suddenly) but using battery grip it can last long and most importantly, it is dirt cheap. I remember buying 2 for $20 or slightly below.

5000mah is near impossible given the battery technology currently. However, if you happen to find one that is much higher than the standard of ~1800mah (correct if I am wrong), chances is it is over rated as mentioned or they have overloaded the battery and might be dangerous to you. So always go for batteries that you think will be safe enough to be used and don't take risk finding one that can "last" per charge.

Anyone one out there know where I can get high capacity battery (5000mAh) for Canon EOS 600D??? Cos went to SIM Lim last weekend and saw some selling high capacity batt (5000mAh), think the brand starts with letter 'O' or 'T', almost all the shops are selling....and most of them are selling at rather high price. Anyone pls advice.
Look at Eneloops and the other rechargeable batteries: how much space do they need to pack 2100mAH / 1.2V? What makes you think that miraculously some funky Chinese company can make 5000mAh / 7.2V batteries at the size of the camera battery? I bet the railway system in China also got lots of "High Capacity" or "High Safety" labels and stickers...

Octarine said:
Look at Eneloops and the other rechargeable batteries: how much space do they need to pack 2100mAH / 1.2V? What makes you think that miraculously some funky Chinese company can make 5000mAh / 7.2V batteries at the size of the camera battery? I bet the railway system in China also got lots of "High Capacity" or "High Safety" labels and stickers...

Think he is referring to the camera battery and not the flash batteries.

And 5000mah is just a fake product. Even SLRR admitted that what was printed on their house brand camera battery was not what it is.
You just have to buy extra batteries and change the battery when it runs out. If changing is considered a hassle then just get a battery grip.

Hi,

Cos went to SIM Lim last weekend and saw some selling high capacity batt (5000mAh), think the brand starts with letter 'O' or 'T', almost all the shops are selling....and most of them are selling at rather high price.

In your statement, you seems to imply that you already knew where to get. Are you trying to look for cheap source?

Octarine said:
Where is the difference? Both are Li-Ion batteries.

Because iirc eneloops are just aa/aaa batteries and they don't come in the form of camera batteries? (I.e. LP-e series?)

Btw. 5000mah battery is the size of my laptop battery. But then again it's a 10.5v. 5kmah should be bigger in size no? Unless they can actually compact it so well. Ah then it'll cost a bomb then

I bet they are manafactured in "China".

So are many highly-regarded products like Apple's. Being made in China does not automatically mean something will be inferior in quality.

I bet the railway system in China also got lots of "High Capacity" or "High Safety" labels and stickers...

Japan's nuclear power plants failed spectacularly in March. Singapore's New World Hotel totally collapsed to the ground. France's almost-new Airbus plane crashed into the Atlantic ocean not too long ago.

Why all the China bashing on this thread?

Japan's nuclear power plants failed spectacularly in March. Singapore's New World Hotel totally collapsed to the ground. France's almost-new Airbus plane crashed into the Atlantic ocean not too long ago.
Why all the China bashing on this thread?
Because we are talking about an electronic component that is made in China and where no Western company has established stringent quality controls. Secondly, it is typical for this country and not an exceptional, single, accidental event.

Have checked with CSC previously on this matter. Quote " they can claim whatever capacity they want, but we know there is a limit on how much .......... NO comments."

So Its up to us to decide.

So are many highly-regarded products like Apple's. Being made in China does not automatically mean something will be inferior in quality.

I have nothing against China ( Btw, I am chinese ). But experience tells me china is too much of "unable-to-be-controlled" type of.......I still buy china products.

When it comes to battery, I think in terms of duration and quality, the OEM ones are still the best.

Heard that my uncle's china battery for handphone exploded. Good thing he was at home :eek:

Get those manufactured in Japan or at least the cells manufactured in Japan or sort. If they actually state "cells made in Japan" it must be the truth. If not, they're infringing on a section of the trades law or so.

Because we are talking about an electronic component that is made in China and where no Western company has established stringent quality controls. Secondly, it is typical for this country and not an exceptional, single, accidental event.

I was actually responding to your reference of the high speed rail system that recently had an accident in Wenzhou.