Where is the real Katong Laksa???

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats tomolo lunch..... :p

Drudkh said:
wanna go eat the claypot laksa...... yummy!

Depot Road's claypot laksa is simply the best. Too bad the old couple selling it not there anymore. Anyone knows what happened to them?

ST1100 said:
Depot Road's claypot laksa is simply the best. Too bad the old couple selling it not there anymore. Anyone knows what happened to them?

yes! tat laksa is nice...so is Holland V's laksa at the corner

today decided to eat vegetarian....... :)

All these hype about Katong laksa makes me sick. Even my place at Bukit Batok, there a "Katong Laksa"! And it taste so horrible, so watery, and expensive! Imagine a bowl for $4 and a few pieces of fish-cakes & cockles! No taupok, no prawns...!! A rip-off to me. Too many imititations around. The best laksa I een ate is my mum's. Good wholesome coconut-thick, ingedients-ridden laksa.

eric69 said:
All these hype about Katong laksa makes me sick. Even my place at Bukit Batok, there a "Katong Laksa"! And it taste so horrible, so watery, and expensive! Imagine a bowl for $4 and a few pieces of fish-cakes & cockles! No taupok, no prawns...!! A rip-off to me. Too many imititations around. The best laksa I een ate is my mum's. Good wholesome coconut-thick, ingedients-ridden laksa.

yeah, moms cookings always the best..... :lovegrin:

eric69 said:
Oh going back to the Bukit Batok "Katong Laksa", for $4, sorry you don't get a piece of boiled egg. For $4, you have less than 5 pieces of miserable thinly-sliced fishcakes and three cockies. (Katong laksa with cockies???), and a few scoops of fat noodles. The stall is ran by a young couple.. the stall name problably the guy's name. Anyway, you can't miss that stall becos most of the time, no one buy from them.. Damn.

eric69 said:
Oh going back to the Bukit Batok "Katong Laksa", for $4, sorry you don't get a piece of boiled egg. For $4, you have less than 5 pieces of miserable thinly-sliced fishcakes and three cockies. (Katong laksa with cockies???), and a few scoops of fat noodles. The stall is ran by a young couple.. the stall name problably the guy's name. Anyway, you can't miss that stall becos most of the time, no one buy from them.. Damn.

So expensive man! $4!!! :nono: :thumbsd:
Lucky for me, there is a Katong Laksa at Bedok Interchange food centre...$3 quite nice!!! Yummy! :thumbsup: :lovegrin:

XXX Boy said:
So expensive man! $4!!! :nono: :thumbsd:
Lucky for me, there is a Katong Laksa at Bedok Interchange food centre...$3 quite nice!!! Yummy! :thumbsup: :lovegrin:

the kaksa there taste good too, anyway, my avatar's says lets cut hair....ha ha....

eric69 said:

just some opportunistic s-gaps taking advantage of the "katong wave"....bluff people out there...coz they know...not many people bother to actually take note. Suxor.

ST1100 said:

I was told they moved to the kopitiam at the corner of entrance to Alex Village, ie. opposite AIA building. But haven't gone there to check it out yet.

And I agree, they're simply the best, worth going out of the way for. And to top it off, they're very nice and friendly as well ... I have an ang-moh friend who used to go there and order with no hum and extra tau-pok, and he moved away for a few years ... came back for a visit, went to to the stall, and the owner recognized him right away, and remembered his preference.

Stefen said:
how many calories per bowl of laksa?

Real Laksa Eaters ;p don't give a damn, at lease for me.

I am a real laksa eater, once every 2months....

calories do matter, or do they not?..... :think:

Stefen said:

excercise loh, like me, run every 2 times weekly, and still fails ippt..ha ha... :cry:

Stefen said:

once every 2 months, and you called yourself a real laksa eater? So every month, you ate tons of laksa at one go? I ate once every now and then, so I'm a real-till-fake laksa eater? Ha. Give me a break.

eric69 said:
once every 2 months, and you called yourself a real laksa eater? So every month, you ate tons of laksa at one go? I ate once every now and then, so I'm a real-till-fake laksa eater? Ha. Give me a break.

why can't I? I am a great fan of Katong Laksa, doesn't mean I have to stuff myself one bowl everyday.

Just because i eat less than most doesn't mean that I can't appreciate and crave the taste.

This is a kopi tiam.. release your hot air somewhere else, please

See my stomach know I am a real Laksa eater liao!!! Haha..even my wife laugh at my big stomach....lucky I no longer need to take IPPT liao as I am a "pai-kar-kia"! :sweat:

Stefen said:
why can't I? I am a great fan of Katong Laksa, doesn't mean I have to stuff myself one bowl everyday.

Just because i eat less than most doesn't mean that I can't appreciate and crave the taste.

This is a kopi tiam.. release your hot air somewhere else, please
Hey, looks who letting out hot air here... Hehehe.. smell of laksa! Haha..

Hey, you said you are a real Katong Laksa eater, but from but you described, you probably a Katong Laksa lover, not a eater.

Chill out, man. I come in Peace.

ericp said:
I was told they moved to the kopitiam at the corner of entrance to Alex Village, ie. opposite AIA building. But haven't gone there to check it out yet.

And I agree, they're simply the best, worth going out of the way for. And to top it off, they're very nice and friendly as well ... I have an ang-moh friend who used to go there and order with no hum and extra tau-pok, and he moved away for a few years ... came back for a visit, went to to the stall, and the owner recognized him right away, and remembered his preference.

Thanx... i will go hunt them down.

Status
Not open for further replies.