where is a good place to shoot rustic stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
swimcraze said:
hi,

where is a good place to shoot rustic part of singapore besides pulau ubin?

please share your ideas.

thanks.
Rustic meaning ...? old old buildings?

hmm, the old HDB flats at HillView..? they are going to be torn down soon, i heard.
railway tracks? near ten mile junction at Bukit Panjang.. gotta be careful for trains though.. :sweat:

Changi area should have quite alot of old houses.. like OCH.. :rolleyes:
uhm.. where else ar? bukit timah hill? the inside route but not really suitable for anything.. :bsmilie:

swimcraze said:
hi,

please share your ideas.

thanks.
Hi,
There is a row of abandoned shophouses at Horne Road (very close to Lavender MRT station). I took some pictures there almost 2 years back. Some of the gates possess good rust texture. You may wanna check it out if they are still there.

Another place which although I have never been there personally but I have noticed it many times while on the bus is somewhere along the stretch at Zion Road. I took 970 from Holland Village to Chinatown and saw this building kind of sealed up. But I noticed some people cut through the fence at a corner to access the building.

Visiting OCH? To be honest, prefably not at this time. The Chinese Ghost Festival doesn't end till next Monday. Seriously, don't try your luck. :nono:

Just sharing some info. :)

Cheers,
-Michelle- :D

swimcraze said:
thanks for sharing :)

are chinatown and arab street any good nowadays?

it depends. i've seen some pretty impressive shots by members here (from those 2 places). i guess it's how you can 'cook up' a good shot with the given situation. for me, my attempts there have ended up in the recycle bin. :bsmilie: go take a look, you'll never know what you will get ... have fun

Should organize a rustic charm shoot outing. Would be nice to capture the beauty of some of these places before they change permanently.

There is a abandon railway bridge along Sunset Way, if you manage to climb up the bridge you will see many rustic stuff. You can then follow the bridge, and there is a long walk, through tunnels, footpaths, grassland, to the other side of Bukit Timah. It may not be safe to walk alone, so bring some friends together.

swimcraze said:
thanks for sharing :)

are chinatown and arab street any good nowadays?
Hi swimcraze,
Arab Street and Chinatown are actually good places for photography but these 2 places are too "heavily exploited", meaning, too many people have been taking these places and too often we see the same picture over and over again.

My friend once told me that if you ran out of ideas, take a bus that you have never took before, ride around and see the city. You may be surprised. :)

Cheers,

swimcraze said:
hi,

please share your ideas.

thanks.
self-plug...
Those places where Azure's AG outings (Heritage theme) go. :D

mich_2103 said:
Hi swimcraze,
Arab Street and Chinatown are actually good places for photography but these 2 places are too "heavily exploited", meaning, too many people have been taking these places and too often we see the same picture over and over again.

My friend once told me that if you ran out of ideas, take a bus that you have never took before, ride around and see the city. You may be surprised. :)

Cheers,

hey Michelle,

i explored CHinatown and arab street nevertheless... :)
here are the photos if you are keen :

http://swimcraze.clubsnap.org/gallery/album10

enjoy!

cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.