Where do you guys take photos during Chinese Lunar New Year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recommend a nice bookshelf or take photos of your accessories like soft buttons and so on. You could also do some street photography and shoot old and sick people who can't run away or punch you anymore or take photos of girls from behind. Don't forget to cover your camera and lens in black tape to stay undetected. Though, I wouldn't recommend shooting outside, too humid for your camera and too hot for you and the fine dust might lower the resale value of your equipment. So if you go out, don't forget to take your dry cabinet with you to protect your equipment while you have a refreshment. Anyway, happy New Year!

LOL. My camera gear have zero resale value so there is no point to protect it like those limited edition Leica.
Taking photos of old and sick is not my interest.

Went to Garden by the bay but force to turn back at the entrance :(

The down pour is so bad that the buildings at CBD disappear in the cloud

15857ye.jpg
Was that taken this afternoon?

Northeasten monsoon surge came in from Borneo across the South China Sea. If you have been there earlier, you might have caught the shelf cloud of a massive squall line coming in from the south. :gbounce:

Was that taken this afternoon?

Northeasten monsoon surge came in from Borneo across the South China Sea. If you have been there earlier, you might have caught the shelf cloud of a massive squall line coming in from the south. :gbounce:

Yes. It was taken at 1.51 PM.

Try going to Kuan Yin Temple at 11.50pm on Chinese New year eve and wait for 12 midnight.

Be prepared to be jostled by a surging crowd. No camera photo taking allowed inside the temple hall. Only outside.

i just went chinese garden for some shooting, but ended up i thought i went to other countries. at some point, i kept slappig myself to find out whether i am dreaming or am i really in india/bangladesh/china/phillipines... i look left, i look right, i look everywhere but cant smell any singaporeans!!!

so you're not a Singaporean?

:bsmilie:

and are you a dog?

OMG! we singaporeans have a smell!

i just went chinese garden for some shooting, but ended up i thought i went to other countries. at some point, i kept slappig myself to find out whether i am dreaming or am i really in india/bangladesh/china/phillipines... i look left, i look right, i look everywhere but cant smell any singaporeans!!!QUOTE]

Did you look up and down? and/or at the mirror? you should be able to find one on the mirror :).

Kidding a side most Chinese Singaporean are out visiting relatives some are overseas taking advantage of a very long weekend take 3 days leave = 1 full week :). But I do see alot of Malay and Indian SINGAPOREAN out yesterday also how to tell if they are Singaporean can tell mah not only by thier smell but how they speak and act. :)

year of the water snake it's been few days now raining can feel the water alright...

i just went chinese garden for some shooting, but ended up i thought i went to other countries. at some point, i kept slappig myself to find out whether i am dreaming or am i really in india/bangladesh/china/phillipines... i look left, i look right, i look everywhere but cant smell any singaporeans!!!QUOTE]

Did you look up and down? and/or at the mirror? you should be able to find one on the mirror :).

Kidding a side most Chinese Singaporean are out visiting relatives some are overseas taking advantage of a very long weekend take 3 days leave = 1 full week :). But I do see alot of Malay and Indian SINGAPOREAN out yesterday also how to tell if they are Singaporean can tell mah not only by thier smell but how they speak and act. :)

Aiyo.... I didnt go smell everyone on the streets la... And no... I didnt look into the mirror, i am kinda sick of seeing that familiar person in the mirror.. So many decades.

even if its malays or indian or chinese - the way they dress, behave, they speak etc. u can tell whether they are singaporeans. Its quite obvious..

Aiyo.... I didnt go smell everyone on the streets la... And no... I didnt look into the mirror, i am kinda sick of seeing that familiar person in the mirror.. So many decades.

even if its malays or indian or chinese - the way they dress, behave, they speak etc. u can tell whether they are singaporeans. Its quite obvious..

Yeah I must agree there are alot of non Singaporean outside yesterday since it's the 1st of CNY so most companies are closed tfor holiday and where these employees goes to the famous places I was at Vivi City and I was shocked it's even more crowded than weekend.

Normally East coast park is the place most non Chinese Singaporean goes during CNY I guess the rain make them to go to other places :)

anyways, Chinese New Year's supposed to be about welcoming people to your home and cleaning the slate for the coming year.

don't ruin it with bitter/spiteful remarks

I like water but not so much snakes, I prefer dragons. :)

yeah true dragon better... but let see how the year would turn out :) I do remember my previous boss and mentor told me once (he's an old chap I think that time he was like in his 60's getting slower but his mind still very sharp. He told me "Your future is at your hands... its up to you how you would want to shape your future... dont let fate decide for you, you can change your future for the better if you really focus your mind to it"

You can dress up as a cat with cny deco n walk around. For sure got chance to shoot you :angel:

This is not the Year of Feline. You will be "shot" or "snaked" [what hv you] dead if you were to do that. LOL

albertri said:
yeah true dragon better... but let see how the year would turn out :) I do remember my previous boss and mentor told me once (he's an old chap I think that time he was like in his 60's getting slower but his mind still very sharp. He told me "Your future is at your hands... its up to you how you would want to shape your future... dont let fate decide for you, you can change your future for the better if you really focus your mind to it"

To quote Walt Disney, "if you can dream it, you can do it". ;)

Need not be limited to CNY only ma..

still can go anywhere you want.. But if you really want to be related to Chinese new year..another one would be gardens by the bay..i read flower dome they have some thing going on there..spring blossom or something..:)

This morning weather is nice, I manage to get some photos at Garden by The Bay :)

The KOI welcome me by forming a Chinese character 8 in water ( see picture )

I think it is a sign that I may win the $10 millions TOTO :)

rit9y1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.