Where can I eat really nice lavender cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
2 years ago, I went to a restaurant in CHIJMES for a lavender cake and it's really nice.

I went again last night, but sadly they don't have! Asked the manager, he said there used to be lavender ice cream, but due to unpopular response, they took it out of the menu. But they never had lavender cake... So I walked away disappointed, telling myself I really want to find the BEST lavender cake in town!!

So food lover, kindly recommend!! :)

Caspere said:
How about Cream Pie?

Cream pie? Erm are you referring to the pastry or is it a shop? hahaha

Erm... pardon me. But what the HELL is a Lavender Cake? :dunno:

Those sort of cakes that looks like cheese cake with cream in between that takes a purplish colour and comes with a lavender smell?

jsbn said:

Those sort of cakes that looks like cheese cake with cream in between that takes a purplish colour and comes with a lavender smell?

Yeah!! i remembered it's purplish in color, with lavender smell... It's really nice.

behyx said:
Yeah!! i remembered it's purplish in color, with lavender smell... It's really nice.
Hmm.... That sounds quite nice. :think:

Maybe I shld start opening my eyes to look out for this lavender cake thingy. :think: BTW, I hope it doesn't taste like Blueberry cream cake.... :sweat:

jsbn said:
Hmm.... That sounds quite nice. :think:

Maybe I shld start opening my eyes to look out for this lavender cake thingy. :think: BTW, I hope it doesn't taste like Blueberry cream cake.... :sweat:

Nope. Lavender cake has a very distinct smell. I feel like it's something which will turn out really good or really lousy; Depending on how professional the chef is.

Because most people are accustomed to the (very common) smell of lavender, therefore when you can 'taste the smell' with your tongue, it's a truly wonderful feeling.

That's why I was a little moody after I can't eat the cake last night....

Lavender is a relaxant. The smell of lavender encourages the release of androphines in the blood to make u feel at east and relaxed. Pretty much like what chocolates does.

But dun stick around Lavenders too long. Too much androphines retards ur actions. :)

Going to City Hall area tonight. Probably will keep a look out on this strange cake.

'Lavender'... hmm.... :think:

jsbn said:
Going to City Hall area tonight. Probably will keep a look out on this strange cake.

'Lavender'... hmm.... :think:

Thanks bro :)

If you can find any clues, do let me know!!

jsbn said:

I think you are talking about Lavender Creampie. :bsmilie:

Please I really yearn to know where can i find the nicest lavender cake in town!!

behyx said:
Please I really yearn to know where can i find the nicest lavender cake in town!!

Bro, you may wana try crossing the border to JB. there is a bistro called Lavender Cake Shop & Bistro or something. Much like a breadtalk here, but with seating capacity. i remember being there on a biz trip and saw very lovely cakes. I am sure lavender, being their brand name, will be one of the recipes to make their cakes and beverages. They are very near seasons cake shop - along the same stretch. In fact, the owners were from seasons; they sold seasons to abr holdings and started a more successful venture with the $. complicated story, but enjoy the cakes and creampies there. But wait, you wont find the kindda creampies there as you can in CS though. The waitreses were cute nonetheless compared to seasons'.

Now, will someone help me find the best creampies in town? Something i can sink my teeth into as i devour the soft tender meat within.

Status
Not open for further replies.