When will the D300s replacement be out?

U won't be stranded by Nikon, they will develop firmware updates if it's a software issue. For hardware or body exterior wise, it's less lightly to have problem but I won't say it's non-existence.

Cowseye said:
U won't be stranded by Nikon, they will develop firmware updates if it's a software issue. For hardware or body exterior wise, it's less lightly to have problem but I won't say it's non-existence.

But isn't it troublesome to update the firmware? Never did suh things before. My D90 was bought pretty late..

Well, it's ur call and your urge to control then. If u wish to wait till all problems resolve then wait loh. But if u need a FF camera and dun wish to invest in a previous gen version, then Bo Bianca have to buy right?

sidloojl said:
But isn't it troublesome to update the firmware? Never did suh things before. My D90 was bought pretty late..

So what's wrong with your D90?.... Or is it just the BBB virus.

Cowseye said:
Well, it's ur call and your urge to control then. If u wish to wait till all problems resolve then wait loh. But if u need a FF camera and dun wish to invest in a previous gen version, then Bo Bianca have to buy right?

Alright, gonna wait!

tangerine said:
So what's wrong with your D90?.... Or is it just the BBB virus.

Nothing much is wrong actually. I just want a better body. With weather sealing and hopefully between metering. Sometimes the D90 colours are weird, especially in low light.

The "D400" a 24MPS camera - this is fantastic !

The weird colours will affect all cameras, it is due to the rapidly changing Colour temperature. Use it to your advantage

ortega said:
The weird colours will affect all cameras, it is due to the rapidly changing Colour temperature. Use it to your advantage

How should I use it to my advantage? Like I was at the bowling alley the other day. Where I suspect the repos temperature change is due to the very bright lanes and the not so bright sitting area. So when I tried to take pictures, faces were dark, even with spot metering. And colours kept changing. Pretty irritating. It was like when I thought I found the right White balance, the colour changed.

I read other posts.... they usually say that in changing light environment to shoot RAW as it will be easier to manage your WB with PP.

I would think that the light in the bowling alley is constant and thus the correct exposure and wb setting will be as well, after you figure out what your camera "sees" and "thinks" then you are ready to override it's decisions and use it to your benefit

I'm still waiting...!

How should I use it to my advantage? Like I was at the bowling alley the other day. Where I suspect the repos temperature change is due to the very bright lanes and the not so bright sitting area. So when I tried to take pictures, faces were dark, even with spot metering. And colours kept changing. Pretty irritating. It was like when I thought I found the right White balance, the colour changed.

Are they using florescent lights? could be flickering..

Are they using florescent lights? could be flickering..

yeah, that's what i was using, one moment it was nice, next moment not nice. How to solve? I also heard some saying WB is not that important cause you can change it in PP, but how to counter it?

yeah, that's what i was using, one moment it was nice, next moment not nice. How to solve? I also heard some saying WB is not that important cause you can change it in PP, but how to counter it?
WB is not impt if you shoot in RAW. If it's florescent light, the flickering happens within a second, not sure how to do it. Besides, isn't there a WB setting for florescent light? Maybe I can go try try what does it do...

Country of manufacture does not equate to quality.

What matters is the design, the manufacturing process and the QC.

Actually, there's also the issue of the supply of skilled workers... If they can't find enough skilled workers, they'd probably increase the tolerance and relax the QC level.

Last edited:

Florescent lights flicker at around 60-120 times a second. In singapore it should be 100 times a second IIRC (twice the AC current rate of 50Hz). If your shutter speed is 1/50s or slower, you should be fine.

Last edited: