When to clean a old nikon film camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Sep 5, 2006
Singapore
i got a Nikon TW zoom 105 that my aunt has asked me to send for cleaning.... i went to nikon they told me they stop cleaning these a while back so any good recomendations?

When? I would say the moment is starts walking away or initiates any discussions about food supply, toilet needs or democratic rights.. :)
If you ask 'Where' then I recommend a look into the Services section, the Consumer corner has a sticky thread about shops for photographic equipments and services.

The few second hand /used camera shops in Peninsula Shopping Centre ground floor should be able to handle this.
Inevitably, the question arises, is it worth paying the money to repair this?
Presuming that it has sentimental value for your aunt, then just do it.

Nikon Service Center don't servicing obsolete models as the parts are no longer available.

and it might not worth to repair it as shooting film nowadays is not as convenient and economy use to be.

maybe best is to keep it as it is just for sentimental value.

i got a Nikon TW zoom 105 that my aunt has asked me to send for cleaning.... i went to nikon they told me they stop cleaning these a while back so any good recomendations?

U can try camera hospital @sunshine plaza.

There are various independent repair stores in Singapore. Most can be found in the Peninsula plaza area. The Camera Hospital is also another option.

Status
Not open for further replies.