When Hobby Becomes Ugly Part Of Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belle&Sebastain said:
yes, my boss suspects that i moonlight all weekends, fired me by giving some stupid reason and kept asking me if i moonlighted, my web page is alrady gone, funny woman.
Women... sigh... :sweat:

it is within your rights to challenge yr employer on this issue.

Belle&Sebastain said:
the letter stated no moonlighting for the same type of work, design.

Actually, its pretty risky. While doing these shoots, should any accident occurs, the company and/or your insurance may not be liable to pay you anything. Say you fell off the oil rig, gets knocked down by a car while covering some VIP arrivals, or trip over some loose carpeting. Also your equipment will wear and tear at your own expenses.

Its good for practice though.... so you gotta weight the risk and benefits.

Another thing is that you may be known as "the photographer" and be asked to shoot gatherings, team building, company functions, VIP stuff, colleagues wedding (which they will invariably ask for a "good" price - and if you quote mkt rate everyone thinks you are doing a serious sideline....) etc etc. Rather then known for your work...

:)

Belle&Sebastain said:
new food for thought, NEVER ever lead your boss to think you ever shoot for free, do not bring the camera to work, never discuss camera equipment with anymore, never let anyone in the office know your hobbies.

How about sporting a headband that says, "I don't have a camera and I don't know how to take photos."?

reachme2003 said:
it is within your rights to challenge yr employer on this issue.

she give an stupid excuse to fire me, she dun like my designs, but she harp on my extra jobs.

if you feel you have a grievance, you may approach MOM for assistance. such employer should not go scotch-free.

Belle&Sebastain said:
she give an stupid excuse to fire me, she dun like my designs, but she harp on my extra jobs.

reachme2003 said:
if you feel you have a grievance, you may approach MOM for assistance. such employer should not go scotch-free.

Or you can seduce her and then have her at your back and call.;p

can lah, i am not particularly choosy. what say you, belle?

Newman said:
Or you can seduce her and then have her at your back and call.;p

reachme2003 said:
can lah, i am not particularly choosy. what say you, belle?

she has 3 kids a BO worse than any GUY i have encountered before. Leave me out of it, i just wanna do my job and do the best out it.

3 years in a great company but the boss is difficult

2 months in another job where the boss dun trust you and look thou your stuff after you leave.

thanks, i like to be my own boss again after 5 years.

thanks everyone for the encouragement, i feel happier at the moment.

are you saying that all the guys you encountered have BO?

Belle&Sebastain said:
she has 3 kids a BO worse than any GUY i have encountered before. Leave me out of it, i just wanna do my job and do the best out it.

3 years in a great company but the boss is difficult

2 months in another job where the boss dun trust you and look thou your stuff after you leave.

thanks, i like to be my own boss again after 5 years.

thanks everyone for the encouragement, i feel happier at the moment.

Newman,

I have been in your position many times before. Take it as a learning photography experience la. The photos that you took not many got chance as it is off-shore type.

Many of the posters/photos on my company walls are shot by me. I take it as free gallery for me. :) :) THough it is mostly industrial shoot types.
For the corporate brochure, company events I told my bosses to look for pro cos me not pro enuf.

I have also climb cranes, tall steel structures to get the pics I want though I dont' compromise on my own safety. Get a safety belt or harness. Don't climb with a bag full of gears. I only use 1 film body & 1 lens.

i see. but we need to be tolerant. as not all of us worked in air-conditioned comfort. many sweat under their brow for food on the table.

Belle&Sebastain said:
no, but you know, those at the end of the day, when you board the train....

Status
Not open for further replies.