When do you use a bounce card vs omnibounce?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlin

Nov 15, 2002
www.pixelpixie.biz
Pardon my ignorance, but in what situations would you prefer to use a bounce card vs an omnibounce and why?

hmm this shd be a sticky...

omnibounce if u are in a room with whitish walls nearby.. the OMNI will direct the flash into all directions for extra bouncy softness, macam Clairol Herbal... but factors are wall shininess, flash power and wall colour...

if u are in the middle of nowhere and u want to soften the flash, use the card; to diffuse the glare, but the shine will still be headon.

Originally posted by denizenx

omnibounce if u are in a room with whitish walls nearby.. the OMNI will direct the flash into all directions for extra bouncy softness, macam Clairol Herbal... but factors are wall shininess, flash power and wall colour...

if u are in the middle of nowhere and u want to soften the flash, use the card; to diffuse the glare, but the shine will still be headon.

finally... someone who knows the real purpose of the Omnibounce! :cool:

I should really really do a FAQ man. If I can get down to it. ;p

Regards
CK

Originally posted by mervlam

finally... someone who knows the real purpose of the Omnibounce! :cool:

yeah that's why I never buy LOL LOL LOL...

ck u shd... next time "FAQ YOU! READ THE FAQING FAQ!"
haha gremlin no offence... joking..

SB80DX came with one "omnibounce"-like diffusion dome.... the guide just said that it diffuses like from the flash more than normal bounce flash, allowint you to soften the light from the flash and elimiate shadows..... best results when the flash is tilted 60 degrees....

the best method is tilt the flash 180 backwards, get a assistant with a large reflector behind, then fire away. IMHO btw.. ;p

Originally posted by mpenza
SB80DX came with one "omnibounce"-like dome....

basically u just need something to catch the flare sideways...
I use those mini white plastic bags, no colour cast.. hehe

basically u just need something to catch the flare sideways...
I use those mini white plastic bags, no colour cast.. hehe

u wanna try ' O darling ' tissue.....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.