When are they tearing the national stadium down???

Status
Not open for further replies.

sprintist

Nov 13, 2006
Singapore
www.oddinary.com.sg
year after year..coming two years and its still standing.

talks was that it will be the last match to be held at the stadium between Singapore and Lebanon (was it that match?)

today's newpapers write about the possibilities of brazil samba soccer will come to singapore..and most probably at the national stadium..

what was all the nonsense holding the closing ceremony back then for? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

talks was that it will be the last match to be held at the stadium between Singapore and Lebanon (was it that match?)

today's newpapers write about the possibilities of brazil samba soccer will come to singapore..and most probably at the national stadium..

what was all the nonsense holding the closing ceremony back then for? :dunno::dunno::dunno:
maybe there will be a post closing ceremony...

dun complain la just use the extended window to go do somemore shots...wanna go? I'll go if you're game :)

dun complain la just use the extended window to go do somemore shots...wanna go? I'll go if you're game :)

its not about complaining leh, its about some integrity. two national days could have been held there, perhaps more pple could watch it live. that is just an example, not considering the creativity that could be utilised at the new site though

if i got time i'll go maybe, just a time of when. i'll learn architectural tips from you then ;p

now then u know ah ... actually they are much more nonsense than just these ...

yes..all hidden. mas selamat is the biggest nonsense. haha

its not about complaining leh, its about some integrity. two national days could have been held there, perhaps more pple could watch it live. that is just an example, not considering the creativity that could be utilised at the new site though

if i got time i'll go maybe, just a time of when. i'll learn architectural tips from you then ;p

yes..all hidden. mas selamat is the biggest nonsense. haha

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:I ain't an architectural guru la, its actually the weakest part of my book right now...but u know any excuse to practice more hehehe

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:I ain't an architectural guru la, its actually the weakest part of my book right now...but u know any excuse to practice more hehehe

ok man, then i can still learn other parts from you. i believe its portraitures..haha

i'm quite hectic, i'll pm you if i intend to go ya

Hmmm, that is strange. The security guard told me more than a month ago on the day I visited the National Stadium, that it was the last day it was open to the public. Now, it is closed for demolition. Hmmm. I think you might want to give them a call to see if it is still open to public before going down.

nation stadium is not your stadium, why are you so pissed? :dunno: and why tell us? why do you think we give a damn? and why must we give a damn?

nation stadium is not your stadium, why are you so pissed? :dunno: and why tell us? why do you think we give a damn? and why must we give a damn?

cos if still can use, use lar. why close it? still got people who like to jog, shoot weddings, do casual snaps & as mentioned hold NDP there. its more practical then spending more taxpayers' cash needlessly on the floating platform. :nono:

it's National Stadium, our grand old dame. not any other dame in town ler... damned if we dun care! :cool:

we pay tax so they can shoot fireworks on every ndp... rite?

its called national stadium for a reason. national pride. open close open close like for fun, might as well just open to public let them enter and take pics of all they want..vandalise for all they want..in the name of already-going-to-tear-down.

you can dont give a damn for this but i am sure u are pissed with many other things before. each his own ;p

not sure whether this is possible ...... if they start breaking up the stadium now, then by Sept our sky will be polluted to the extend that it might affect the very important F1 races ...:bsmilie::sweatsm:

not sure whether this is possible ...... if they start breaking up the stadium now, then by Sept our sky will be polluted to the extend that it might affect the very important F1 races ...:bsmilie::sweatsm:

cant be lah, there's the Circle line, Orchard Ion, The Sail & other en-block construction going on throughtout the year. we dun blast our old building to bits wan.

oni scared those F1 cars dive into the Circle Line construction, den safety cages + helmets oso cant safe them arh... :hung:

As far as I'm concerned, the stadium was officially closed on 30th June 2007. Ironically, that's when I started documenting her and has been doing that for the past 1 year. The last time I was there (29th June 2008), I was told by the guard that it will be closed to the public from 30th June 2008.

The demolition of the stadium had been postponed due to changes made in the master plan of the sports hub. All shortlisted firms were requested to submit a revise master plan. Till then, they really have no reason to demolish it and there's nothing wrong for the stadium to continue to serve as a sporting venue, even after officially closed. New stadiums are always hosting events before declared officially opened so i don't see the point of locking up the stadium for a prolonged period of time awaiting her demise. let her do her bit in the twilight years.

If anyone is thinking of going to the stadium to take photos, go ahead. It has proven to be quite a challenging piece of architecture to photograph. A very good opportunity to learn how to control your perspectives and explore compositional skills.

I heard the authority says want to turn our national stadium into a Colosseum of Singapore, since a lot of photographers from clubsnap complaint we don't have ruin buildings to shoot models.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I heard the authority says want to turn our national stadium into a Colosseum of Singapore, since a lot of photographers from clubsnap complaint we don't have ruin buildings to shoot models.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

really? thatz good news! :cheergal:

then they plan to build the new wan underneath? ;p

I heard the authority says want to turn our national stadium into a Colosseum of Singapore, since a lot of photographers from clubsnap complaint we don't have ruin buildings to shoot model:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
ya, last month they were in discussion with the zoo for the loan of a few lions for a gladiator-theme festivals for the coming national day celebration and heard they are looking for some members to volunteer to fight with the lions:p

Status
Not open for further replies.