What's your favourite print size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richie535

Sep 2, 2006
I've been playing around with some photos and am trying to decide on what size to crop / print for an album. Assuming that sharpness/resolution isn't a concern, what's your recommendation on 8x10 vs. 8x12 (or other)?

I don't exactly have a single favorite print size. But the sizes that I have my photos printed to most of the time are 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, and 8x12.

4R!!! unless i strike rich and don have to worry about printing cost :bsmilie:

4R

or if I want to see the picture clearly 8R

if you're going for costs and simplicity, i say 4R is cheap at bulk volume.

however, if you're going to hang it on the walls, S8R to A3 is more recommended.

printing is one thing, but finding frames to fit them is another.

Majority of my photos are printed in 4R, all inside photo albums.
Some are printed in 5R, and these are for photo frames that adorn my walls and tables.
There are a few of my favourite photos that I printed in S8R.

Thanks for the responses :) Going to go tomorrow and print some favourites at S8R

still remember about dunno 10 years back? 3R was the norm.. now its 4R le..

like the rest, usually 4R nowadays, and S8R for the ones i really really liked..

sometimes will print 1R to keep in wallet or those card holders, some of my friends like the 1R size though..

Nowadays, my wife usually do montage of the suitable sizes for each picture on an A4 and print at home. keeps her happy, and me having the chance to go & take more photos.

That's the beauty of digital. we are no longer restricted with the standard sizes offered by labs. You can crop into different shapes and sizes. Of course, my printout may not be up to professional standards, but those are for memories only.

raptor84 said:
A4 is different from S8R :) Its roughly 8.2x11.7 vx 8x12...

True, thats why I have to trim a little before i put into the A4 frame... The printing shops don't print A4 photos :(

Status
Not open for further replies.