What's your definition of 're-shoot'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
Even when during the first round of shooting, client approved each layout/setting of picture before i move on to the next setting.

Does it means photographs from the first round of shoot is void? ie: not given to client?

And if they want photos from both rounds of shooting, I'll have to bill them for twice the effort?

Tough to make a call. have you signed a contract with them yet? If you haven't, then it is up to you. I would bill for s second shoot for myself. And make sure your work is rights managed.

For me, so long as the images is approved, it's concerned a job done and approved. If the job is rejected later, the reason will affect how I charge for the reshoot ie:
My fault: no charge ( I don't think any photographer will dare to charge ).
Client's ( agency ) fault: charge less for goodwill and repert jobs.
Client's ( end client ) fault: charge more but still below normal rate
Client wants a change of concept: full charge as I'll threat this as a new job.

Even when during the first round of shooting, client approved each layout/setting of picture before i move on to the next setting.

Does it means photographs from the first round of shoot is void? ie: not given to client?

And if they want photos from both rounds of shooting, I'll have to bill them for twice the effort?

Well, as mentioned already, it depends on your agreement.

But for me, if they want both rounds of photos, I'm billing them twice for double the amount of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.