What's your criteria selecting a photo backpack

Whats the 3 most important features when you select your camera bag

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 - Ability to put in everything I own and more (when I borrow/rent) the way I want it
#2 - Protection against the elements (thick padding, rain cover)
#3 - Comfort
#4 - Must have an external slot for water bottle

Brand
Exterior Looks
Comfort while carrying it
Ease of use
Non resemblance of a camera bag
----------

What I voted.
When I have enough money, it's time for a billingham!

The comfort while carrying it is very important, so is the flexibility of reconfiguring the internals to better usage of the space and also better protection to the equipment. Other than that it's the brand.

Physical looks quite important imho. ever being stopped by mrt security for checks or getting weird stares from people while carrying a huge cam back pack such as Fastpack 250 or 350?

I'm currently using the Tamrac Adventure 7, really like it.

But sometimes, i wana bring a magazine along, it does not fit the upper compartment.

So my next bag will be one with a laptop compartment...not so much for a laptop but for magazines :bsmilie:

Physical looks quite important imho. ever being stopped by mrt security for checks or getting weird stares from people while carrying a huge cam back pack such as Fastpack 250 or 350?

Not me, but if you are stuck in a crowded train, it's gonna be unpleasant. :bsmilie:

whenever i'm travelling with backpack, i always fear that someone will open the zip from behind and took away my lens or body.

so my criteria will be safety first.
then comfort.

whenever i'm travelling with backpack, i always fear that someone will open the zip from behind and took away my lens or body.

then comfort.
cable tie or use the weather resistant cover most travel bags come with.

Build
Comfort
Flexiblity
Ease of reach
Compact
Durability
Room (For 2 bodies and Laptop)

Think Tank UD 50 with Shoulder Harness is my answer to e above..

Simply lovin it and definitely recommend to all

Cheers :)

then comfort.

From the poll, it seems that Security ranks lowly, however I have the same concern as you do.That why my choice of a backpack was Lowepro Fiilipside 400AW. This Series has its zip is close to our back instead of facing outward.Put my mind at ease :)

For me it's :

Design of the bag
Ability to put my barang eg: book, umbrella
Safety

:)

For me it's :

Design of the bag
Ability to put my barang eg: book, umbrella
Safety

:)

so which bag would you recommend? i wanna get a camera bag which can hold some gear ( 2 lens+ body + maybe 1 flash )

but most importantly my small umbrella / TNP / wallet / psp / ipod and waterbottle lolx <- most camera bag cannot fit ...

so which bag would you recommend? i wanna get a camera bag which can hold some gear ( 2 lens+ body + maybe 1 flash )

but most importantly my small umbrella / TNP / wallet / psp / ipod and waterbottle lolx <- most camera bag cannot fit ...
Have been using a Crumpler UK Pretty Boy L (the backpack, not the sling), which has since been discontinued if I'm not wrong. Can fit all your stated barang barang, though camera wise might be a little tight fit depending on your equipment. I can fit an Oly 35-100 f/2 (slightly larger than standard 70-200 f/2.8) + body w/ grip separately. Not many people like this style of bag, especially given the relatively small space for camera equipment, but with this bag I have been more willing to bring my equipment out, and that makes all the difference. Lowepro has their Orion Trekker II which is in a similar style.

The Lowepro Fastpack series or the Primus series would suit your purposes just fine.

Just got my backpack today. Easy access, durable (looks like it to me ^^v), and comfort is the most important thing to me.

flipside series can carry tripods..

i got flipside , troublesome to access camera , need to put down and open all up ..

Status
Not open for further replies.