What's your bundle deal for Sony Nex 5?

eh... i like the idea if beyond economical repair and they will replace another model with a similar pricing... thats y i went ahead on that...

the uv filter is Steinzeiser 49mm... is it okay?

OF course OK ........ what else can you do when you meet a psycho salesman? :rolleyes:..................:sweat:

Last edited:
eh... i like the idea if beyond economical repair and they will replace another model with a similar pricing... thats y i went ahead on that...

the uv filter is Steinzeiser 49mm... is it okay?

Ic , I am not well versed with the retailers warranty , if they do replace with a newer model of similar pricing , perhaps it make sense.

No worries , I am asking as this is the first time I heard of a 4 years warranty add on haha.

As for the filter , I think you might want to avoid that brand , Steinzeiser, in the future. If you do a search , typically , people use Hoya , B+W , Kenko etc . A clear filter will do fine if its just for protection , cos Digital cams have no use for UV filter la, though some do use UV filter to act as lens protector.

But anyway , key is enjoy shooting on your cam !

Ic , I am not well versed with the retailers warranty , if they do replace with a newer model of similar pricing , perhaps it make sense.

No worries , I am asking as this is the first time I heard of a 4 years warranty add on haha.

As for the filter , I think you might want to avoid that brand , Steinzeiser, in the future. If you do a search , typically , people use Hoya , B+W , Kenko etc . A clear filter will do fine if its just for protection , cos Digital cams have no use for UV filter la, though some do use UV filter to act as lens protector.

But anyway , key is enjoy shooting on your cam !

i see... thanks for the tip...

now i notice when i turn my zooming with my 18-55mm, at the 24-28mm section, i can feel resistance/roughness when turning... is it normal?

looking to buy the 16mm pancake, any suggestion what's a fair price to pay?

where to get the best deal ?

i went to get my twin lens set yesterday. Here's some of the quotes i got from different places:

SLR revolution: $1156 without gifts
Bally Photo: $1170 without gifts
Cannot remember the name but a shop on the same level as john and slr rev: $1190 with SDHC 8GB
HN funan: $1299 with all free gifts(tripod, bag, card), didn't bother to bargain with them as they didn't have a lack of customers at that time
HN Millenia: $1170 with 8GB MS - I got it here, had to bargain for a while.. (I guess when you visit shops with not a lot of people, they are more willing to entertain you?)

really appreciate if someone can PM me the latest consolidated pricings on the NEX 3/5 so that i can start the price thread on the price guide subforum. danke! :embrass:

really appreciate if someone can PM me the latest consolidated pricings on the NEX 3/5 so that i can start the price thread on the price guide subforum. danke! :embrass:

i updated on the 1st post of this thread le... anything else u need?

Hi all!
My first post!
Been following this thread for a few weeks already. Din see the need to post till today...
Been to Harvey Norman Parkway Parade today and asked about the best price for Sony Nex 5 and this is what I got:
Dual lens kit + 8Gb Sony Ms Pro Duo + 8 Gb Sony SD card + camera carrying case(No brand one I think) = $1230
Both the Sony cards are fast speed and suitable for HD recording one..

Is it a good deal?

Hi all!
My first post!
Been following this thread for a few weeks already. Din see the need to post till today...
Been to Harvey Norman Parkway Parade today and asked about the best price for Sony Nex 5 and this is what I got:
Dual lens kit + 8Gb Sony Ms Pro Duo + 8 Gb Sony SD card + camera carrying case(No brand one I think) = $1230
Both the Sony cards are fast speed and suitable for HD recording one..

Is it a good deal?

r u paying cash or nets/credit card?

my offer from HN was Dual Lens Kit + 8GB Sony SD Card = $1159 (I paid cold hard cash. They will give you a different price for Nets/CC)

I bought a Crumpler (Five Mil Home) @ $110... at least it's a bag i like and it has space to put in a 18mm-200mm(future-proofing)...

Harvey Norman may psycho you to buy UV Filter... :)

At last I bought my nex 5 tlk from HN.

1 x nex 5 tlk $1159
1 x 8gb sd card class 4 foc
1 x 4 yrs extended warranty $207
2 x 49mm uv filter $46

Last edited:
r u paying cash or nets/credit card?

my offer from HN was Dual Lens Kit + 8GB Sony SD Card = $1159 (I paid cold hard cash. They will give you a different price for Nets/CC)

I bought a Crumpler (Five Mil Home) @ $110... at least it's a bag i like and it has space to put in a 18mm-200mm(future-proofing)...

Harvey Norman may psycho you to buy UV Filter... :)

I think should be able to pay by credit card.
Hey your deal sounds much better. Which branch HN is that?
Thanks!

I think should be able to pay by credit card.
Hey your deal sounds much better. Which branch HN is that?
Thanks!

if you pay by CC/Nets, they will charge you a higher price...

I bought it from HN Funan...

Are all these prices with or without GST??

I have been quote $1,090 for dual lens kit, before GST! No freebies

Are all these prices with or without GST??

I have been quote $1,090 for dual lens kit, before GST! No freebies

my price from Harvey Norman are inclusive of GST... I am not sure for the rest of bros...

my price from Harvey Norman are inclusive of GST... I am not sure for the rest of bros...

Alright! See if have time to make a trip to Funan tomorrow. Hopefully can get the same deal..

Alright! See if have time to make a trip to Funan tomorrow. Hopefully can get the same deal..

wish you good luck... btw, the zoom ring should be consistent when u turning it... :)

just ordered mine nex5 from hn hougang
$1199 camera with dual lens
$99 2nd battery
$132 extra 2 yrs warranty
free 8gb memory card, screen protector.
pay by nets

which bag is more compact for nex5 with the dual lens ?
do your buy tripod ? dry cabinet ?

just ordered mine nex5 from hn hougang
$1199 camera with dual lens
$99 2nd battery
$132 extra 2 yrs warranty
free 8gb memory card, screen protector.
pay by nets

which bag is more compact for nex5 with the dual lens ?
do your buy tripod ? dry cabinet ?

welcome to the family... btw, the screen protector is the film type?