what's wrong with my flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennisthetiger

Mar 30, 2005
jurong west
www.wix.com
Hi guys recently my nikon SB 600 feels like its underpowered. Usually, when i am shooting from a distance of about 5m, using bounce flash, the picture looks well exposed, but recently when using the same technique, distance and also the ceiling height, the picture looks dark, sometimes the flash did not even appear in the picture(the pic looks like flash had not been used), which puzzles me. I pumped the flash power to the max, it still remain underpowered. Even when i use direct flash, it looks dark. i wonder if there is something wrong with the bulb, or the camera(i doubt so). Anyone care to share what's wrong?

this might sound dumb... but have you tried changing your batt? I have this experience as well... heh...:)

really humourous :) you made me laugh

the batt is fully charge, and the flash compensation was +3.0 which is the max. its only recently i have been experiencing this problem. been using it for about a year without any problem. like i already said, every settings is the same and in the same place, but i dun understand why the flash wasn't as powerful as it should be recently.

the batt is fully charge, and the flash compensation was +3.0 which is the max. its only recently i have been experiencing this problem. been using it for about a year without any problem. like i already said, every settings is the same and in the same place, but i dun understand why the flash wasn't as powerful as it should be recently.

Take it down for a check. Something may have been damaged.

I had a similar problem with my Canon 580EX flash. I was in Bangkok when I noticed that my flash pictures were all underexposed with my Canon 40D. Sometimes exposure was okay but then underexposure would occur again.

But when I came back to Singapore I tried using my spare flash, 420EX. It also came out underexposed! So I suspect it was the body. I also got a spare 20D and found that both flash guns were working fine with the 20D body. Verdict: It was the 40D body not the flash!

Anyway, I sent it to Canon Service Center and got it fixed. They said they had to do some "calibration". No part was replaced and service was free because still under warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.