What's the most unfortunate accident you've had with your camera gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i broke my flash's H shoe base , when i fix it to the camera , n the flash fell straight down , now i cannot use my flash .

David said:
Fwah, serious ah... Tink u kidding onie... U just a Chuck Norris fan? :bsmilie:

Yeah man...Chuck Norris.. The man who challenged Lance Armstrong in a "who has more testicles" contest - Chuck Norris won by five.

Kena sand in my old PnS superslim that scratched my lens

Dropped my prosumer cam from knee height (tripod broke apart (!!!) ) onto hard concrete. Landed on barrel, narrowly cracking lens. :eek: :sweat: Barrel cracked

Dropped my entire conversion assembly (adapter ring, polarizer, wide angle) onto hard concrete floor from waist level.

Nothing Happen...:angry:

zac08 said:
Dropped a D100 in my bag...

the drop cracked the hood of the 18-70 lens. had to buy one to replace it... haiz

How's the D100 and 18-70 then? As long as they are ok.... :sweat:

Some say dropped lenses may result in "misalignment". Anyone knows what that means?

How to check? When the images appear out-of-focus?

Never had and accident but did have equipment stolen...

Was in Oz several years back and some scum broke into my home and made off with the cameras, lenses, enlarger, negatives etc...

Alerted as many 2nd shops as I could in a 10km radius, gave serial #s and description so the morons were nabbed within a couple of days. Got most of the equipment back but the dickwads threw away all the negatives because they didn't think it had any value... ;(

Lost 20 years ... have never fully recovered from that incident... :cry:

smurfman said:
Nothing Happen...:angry:

:think: you don't look happy that nothing happen???

Touch wood, touch wood :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i cleaned my lowepro camera bag and hung it out on a bamboo pole to sun it. it disappeared. the only memory of it is the black waist belt which was never used.

reachme2003 said:
i cleaned my lowepro camera bag and hung it out on a bamboo pole to sun it. it disappeared. the only memory of it is the black waist belt which was never used.

I think the wind blew it away. It may be still floating in the sky.

Anyone spots a black object in the sky?

Or has seen an alien walking around with a Lowepro camera bag? :)

David said:
How's the D100 and 18-70 then? As long as they are ok.... :sweat:

All ok... darn lucky about it... both still working fine

Sion said:
The most unfortunate accident anyone can have with a camera is to make it pregnant. And have a little Nikon or a little Canon.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Have little nikons/canons?? :think: Are u sure this can be called unfortunate? :sweatsm:

This thread reads like a fotog's worst nightmare. Scary. :sweat:

If losing 12 gigabytes of photos, 6gb of which not backed up and around 1gb of unrecoverable and damaged photos; emptying your bank account to recover them, this is it. :bheart: :bheart: :bheart:

Have chocolate ice cream dropped on my 3 days old D200 when shooting a event....yummy.....
Touch wood....that's all so far....

King Tiger said:
:bheart: :bheart:

heh.......i remember your case.. :sweatsm: so in the end how huh.. :embrass::bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.