What's the difference between these 2 filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbes234

Oct 6, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi guys,

Always wondered whats the difference between the B+W kaesemann MRC CPL and the normal MRC CPL.
One of my friends did mention something like the brass rings which are used to hold the glass or something.
It seems that its difficult to find the Kaesemann CPL locally.

Could any one provide any information?

TIA :cool:

B+W also makes a "Kaesemann" ("encased") version Circular Polarizer filter. The Kaesemann Circular Polarizer Filter is completely edge-sealed for maximum durability under extreme climatic conditions. Lesser non-sealed Circular Polarizer Filters can suffer from foil separation at the filter edges when used in these conditions.

taken from here

Thanks Catchlights for the prompt response.

BTW, any idea where can we get it locally?

Try Fotografix at Chinatown Point.
I think he had these long ago when I was in his shop.
At least Mr. Wong knows what this is.

Try asking some salesman in ANY Sim Lim Square photoshop including Alan Photo.
Answer: Huh?.... er.....DON'T HAVE! (because he does not even know what it is; and refuses to show his ignorance)

Try Fotografix at Chinatown Point.
I think he had these long ago when I was in his shop.
At least Mr. Wong knows what this is.

Try asking some salesman in ANY Sim Lim Square photoshop including Alan Photo.
Answer: Huh?.... er.....DON'T HAVE! (because he does not even know what it is; and refuses to show his ignorance)

Haha yups.
Approached quite a few reputable stores and they think i was "smoking" them thinking if i knew wat i was talking about? "B+W have such CPLs meh?"
Thanks ricohflex, will check it out. If they do not have i guess i will have to buy it online. need it for a shoot next month.
anyway online prices appear to be cheaper than the normal B+W CPLs sold locally.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.