What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miles

Jun 11, 2004
EAST
Not to make light of the current situation but just a lingering thought....

What would you do if u had a camera in hand...and u see a tsunami coming toward you?

Run for safety or take a few shots first? My first reaction is "of cos run la" but in actual case i may not only sqeeze a off a few shots.....i may actually stand there and watch....

This is not a good time to discuss this issue. Please be sensitive to what has happened.

technically speaking if u are able to think and act fast then u can probably run and shoot blind ( ie just point the cam in the general direction of the impending wave without viewing) at the same time.

Shoot and run at the same time. The photographers and photojournalists play a role in bringing the severity of the diseaster home. With these images millions are moved to do their part to help those most affected by tsunami. I think we all can play a role in situations like these.

i would not shoot, but run for higher ground, shouting loud letting everyone know and help get them into safety.

with my feeble skills, i think i will run 1st, cos i take too long a time to compose a picture, den need time to figure out the right exposure, den calculate the DOF... by that time i think i am in the depth of the water, & another photographer would be shooting & thinking about how to take my DOF...

think i might be stunned. camera in hand, staring blindly at the waves and -end-

run to highest vantage point (safe place) THEN shoot.

I agree with espn. Pls make more sense by not posting silly question during this tragic thing happened. Pls draw more compassion for those who had dead or those suffered from this tragic.
You seems to have a idealogy that "this does not happened to me..nah..nah...I dun care!".

save lives first. indulge in my hobby later.

Zplus said:
Shoot and run at the same time. The photographers and photojournalists play a role in bringing the severity of the diseaster home. With these images millions are moved to do their part to help those most affected by tsunami. I think we all can play a role in situations like these.
good point made.

Status
Not open for further replies.