What web host do you use for your portfolio?

I meant the $$$ in my pocket... They always wanna charge the whole 1 year's worth of membership instead of recurring charges for quick profits!

Ya but they charge the full 36 mths in 1 time, instead of the phone bill, which charges by every month. Which do you prefer, pay $100 now and risk getting swindled or pay monthly for 12 months, each $8?

And why do you accuse Flickr (Yahoo) of bad faith when it is YOU... not having CC... the problem all along. :think:

Arikyeo, I would like to be honest and tell you that you are really lucky to have people even bother to reply to this thread and entertain your wishful thinking.

I use Zenfolio for my hosting.

I am purely just answering your Thread Title = ''What web host do you use for your portfolio?'' May I suggest you change your title to -

''Someone sponsor my web hosting please?''

Having the fear to use a credit card does not prove that you dont have funds for this. You give me the cash, I use my credit card to pay for you. How does that sound? Other members have offered you many viable solutions. Taking it up is your choice.

And why do you accuse Flickr (Yahoo) of bad faith when it is YOU... not having CC... the problem all along. :think:

Well, I'm currently trying Byethost, and alwayschampion had offered me pay-by-the-month web hosting. More manageable, and I don't lost all my $$$ if he runs away(Now he's gone cold...). But pls don't close this thread yet, as I may switch to some better one if a member does contribute a better host name.

multiply?
i like simple clean interface

That alwayschampion never replied... BTW I have found a reseller of byethost. Its called 000a.biz. Byethost has a big multitude of servers all over the world, and they have generous free web hosting. Problem is, the speed's very slow especially with ftp. So if alwayschampion never reply...

If some member wanna become loanshark, I pay you monthly then you help me buy package as seen here: godaddy.com

My site's here: http://flyhighpizzapie.tk , although I"ve not uploaded all the content yet so it's empty.

Hmm... great idea, although 1 event usually has more than 400 pics... And I don't really like the idea of someone else playing with my images every time, I prefer to have my own design of the page, but it's a good start.
why do u need to upload all the photos for a single event?
If im the client, i wun even go into ur website. why? because i don't use fibreoptic broadband. going by the average of 400kb per photos, 400photos would mean 160MB on a single webpage

That alwayschampion never replied... BTW I have found a reseller of byethost. Its called 000a.biz. Byethost has a big multitude of servers all over the world, and they have generous free web hosting. Problem is, the speed's very slow especially with ftp. So if alwayschampion never reply...

If some member wanna become loanshark, I pay you monthly then you help me buy package as seen here: godaddy.com

My site's here: http://flyhighpizzapie.tk , although I"ve not uploaded all the content yet so it's empty.
sad but true, there is no free lunch in the world. its either u pay or bear with the limitation of free webhost.

most if not all webhosting comes with yearly contract as most ppl require the website to be running for a long time. no1 would spend time creating a website that will only run for 1month. secondly, its much cheaper(probably as much as 50++%) to take on longer contract than to pay monthly

Last edited:

And why would anybody want to pay for a package for you and run the risk of you defaulting?