What type of cleaning solution is recommended for lenses and filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpenza

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
There're times when the filters get quite dirty and using a lint-free cloth doesn't seem to remove all the markings despite repeated ckeaning. Would the Eclipse Optic Cleaning System from Cathay Photo be better than those that come bundled with a blower and some lens paper? Are there any other cleaning solution to recommend?

http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/special_offers/new.html
Eclipse Optic Cleaning System
Eclipse lens cleaner is the highest purity lens cleaner available.It contains no silicones and dries as quickly as it can be applied leaving absolutely no residue.

Eclipse is available in a 59ml.(2fl.oz.) dropper bottle with 10 PEC*PAD Photo Wipes.

99% pure ethanol. (rubbing "alcohol")

Get from pharmacy, they have. :D

How about a LensPen?

someone recomamand the oil blotter the blue ones but i feel its very 'dry' on the lens. I saw 3:16 using a kind off sucking device to 'remove' the stain and it cost $18

:cool: I use vinegar or Windex No Drip spray or Anti-static screen cleaner, for all my Leica and Nikon lenses.:) If I am overseas and no cleaner,I use whisky or brandy,can drink and clean also.For years already, no problem whatsoever..no scratches and my photos are crystal clear & sharp:)

Originally posted by jamesong
I use vinegar or Windex No Drip spray or Anti-static screen cleaner, for all my Leica and Nikon lenses. If I am overseas and no cleaner,I use whisky or brandy,can drink and clean also.For years already, no problem whatsoever..no scratches and my photos are crystal clear & sharp
*me scratch head* :what: whisky/brandy - thats a new one to me. I guess can always blame blurry/shake photos on the alcohol *hic*

Status
Not open for further replies.