What tripod for about $200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to get a tripod with ballhead with a budget of about $200.. max $300
max height > 150cm , weight of tripod lesser than 3kg, can take at least 4kg? needing for a nikon D90 + 105mm AF-s macro lens.. total weight not sure.. but would be quite heavy..
Any Help would be appreciated.

Wanted to get a tripod with ballhead with a budget of about $200.. max $300
max height > 150cm , weight of tripod lesser than 3kg, can take at least 4kg? needing for a nikon D90 + 105mm AF-s macro lens.. total weight not sure.. but would be quite heavy..
Any Help would be appreciated.

Look under B/S,

Or get brand new, stretching ur budget a bit more to max..

Manfrotto 190xprob with tripod head 486 or 488 rc2

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263514

Cheers

Get the ProB+486RC2 setup then.

The SLIK PRO 330DX is about $150.

DSC01186_Large_.JPG

I started with 190xProb + Giottos head, then found out I want a better head so I go with Markins M10 which make the combination slightly lighter.

Then change the tripod to Vanguard Alta Pro283CT which make whole combination lighter again.

The reason I wrote this, is to let you aware that tripod weight can be a big issue in the near future.

btw I will recommend Vanguard Alta Pro 264AT (ard $230) if you are looking for Macro purpose. As for BH, I always recommend Markins, Arcaswiss, kangrinpoche... otherwise Manfrotto 488RC2 shd work for the start. Understand it is way above your budget but do keep these in mind.

not so sure about slik quality these days

but you can try getting a manfrotto, need to stretch budget a little.

otherwise, you can always get manfrotto prosumer tripods, i have one, it is lasting me longer than most other brands i have tried

Status
Not open for further replies.