What tricks up your sleeve when shooting with flash?

What tricks do you have when shooting flash?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraterz

Mar 10, 2002
Visit site
What do you do to improve your flash lighting? I use a Stofen omnibounce and angle my 550EX slightly up and to the right. At other times, when shooting macro I take it off and use an off camera shoe cord which still gives E-TTL metering. What do you do?

I also tilt down for close-up shots and use my own bounce card. For further shots, I use the appropriate zoom.

For me it depends on the type of shot and the effect I'm after, however I regularly use the following:

Promax 80/20 bouncer
Ceiling bounce,
Softboxes/diffusers
Multiple flash with slaves
Flash extenders
Tissue paper/kleenex

and a host of other devices and methods.

I remember reading Ansel Adams' biography where he recalls an interesting incident. AA was asked to do some group shots in a school. He used magnesium (or something like that) for flash, but he miscalculated and used 16 times the required amount. The result was a blinding flash blast which sent many students running under their desks shreiking. So, yeah, magnesium is pretty cool. The book is available at Jurong East library.

Originally posted by sriram
I remember reading Ansel Adams' biography where he recalls an interesting incident. AA was asked to do some group shots in a school. He used magnesium (or something like that) for flash, but he miscalculated and used 16 times the required amount. The result was a blinding flash blast which sent many students running under their desks shreiking. So, yeah, magnesium is pretty cool. The book is available at Jurong East library.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

talking about magnesium, I prob. still have a few strips left.

In secondary school after some experiment, the teacher asked "want some ? can take home and play with it"

KAKKA !! :p

Magnesium is good substitute for Eno.

Status
Not open for further replies.