what to note when buying a new lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had this problem before. Not even with Fisheye unless the blob of dirt is so huge it can be easily seen with naked eye on visual inspection of the lens, why even bother to use an image to evaluate?

Unless you're mistaken and talking about dust on the sensor?

No, definitely not dusts on the sensor cos other pics i've done with the same config, no signs of it.

Cos last time i went to TCW and wanted to buy the 17-35 f/2.8L but i saw some dirt inside the lens and are rather visible. So i took a pic and went back to see. I saw abt 2 tiny spots on the pic. Fortunately i didn't buy the lens, so i settled for the 17-40.

I had the same issue with a prime lens. Shot against a clear blue sky, and the spots show up in my pics. From f/1.8 to f/22. And the specks are not more than 1mm big. :cry:

No, definitely not dusts on the sensor cos other pics i've done with the same config, no signs of it.

Cos last time i went to TCW and wanted to buy the 17-35 f/2.8L but i saw some dirt inside the lens and are rather visible. So i took a pic and went back to see. I saw abt 2 tiny spots on the pic. Fortunately i didn't buy the lens, so i settled for the 17-40.
That's strange... I never encountered spots in the image due to dust in the lens before.. :( The most is some softness or flare in the affected region but never spots..

That's strange... I never encountered spots in the image due to dust in the lens before.. :( The most is some softness or flare in the affected region but never spots..

These may not be dusts, but rather black specks. I notice these more in prime lenses than in zooms.

These may not be dusts, but rather black specks. I notice these more in prime lenses than in zooms.
Interesting... the inside paint coming off and sticking to the glass?

But it's really spots. Fortunately i tested it first if not i would've wasted $1380 on the lens.

woah. now i'm really scared about buying new lenses too as i'm getting my first lense apart from the kit lens.

anyone here know if the tamron F2.8 17-50mm are prone to having bad copies being sold on the market? heard got no service centre in singapore. then later if buy bad copy then die liao..hahaha.

woah. now i'm really scared about buying new lenses too as i'm getting my first lense apart from the kit lens.

anyone here know if the tamron F2.8 17-50mm are prone to having bad copies being sold on the market? heard got no service centre in singapore. then later if buy bad copy then die liao..hahaha.
That's why, I recommend you to purchase from TK Foto :thumbsup: Then you don't have to worry anymore.

sorry i abit noob with such buying stuff. TK photo most of the lenses stocked all not defective and sharp copies?

sorry i abit noob with such buying stuff. TK photo most of the lenses stocked all not defective and sharp copies?
No QA is always 100% perfect. If the good delivered to the shop is faulty, the least the shop can do is to serve you happily and exchange any defective goods for you.

At least I'm sure TK Foto would do this for you :thumbsup:

that's nice of them. thanks for your advice. :)

Interesting... the inside paint coming off and sticking to the glass?

This one I dare not think of. :sweat:
But I have sent one of my primes to NSC and they said that it is ok, does not effect quality and performance in the long term and it's a normal occurrence! :bigeyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.