What to look out for when buying DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckling

Jan 19, 2002
Tiong Bahru
Visit site
Hi,

it's been a long time since I last used a DC. Currently thinking of getting the Nikon 3700. Can anyone guide me on what should I look out for? Best if someone can post the pricing from the various shops here. Many thanks.

Cheers!!

duckling said:
Hi,

it's been a long time since I last used a DC. Currently thinking of getting the Nikon 3700. Can anyone guide me on what should I look out for? Best if someone can post the pricing from the various shops here. Many thanks.

Cheers!!

hmmm... try looking at the sticky post in this forum. Its the first post.

HelmetBox said:
hmmm... try looking at the sticky post in this forum. Its the first post.

Hi,

I've checked out the first post, there is nothing abt "What to look out for when buying a new DC"?

Thanks for the pointer anyway.

Cheers!!

hmmm.... there is a buying guide but I think you are looking for specific thing to look for on a specific camera yah?

Sorry couldn't help.

HelmetBox said:
hmmm.... there is a buying guide but I think you are looking for specific thing to look for on a specific camera yah?

Sorry couldn't help.

Sorry if I am not being specific, very new to DC as in long time no use - lost touch.

What I actually meant was what are the things I should check when buying a new DC (I am getting the Nikon 3700).? Examples like dead pixel on LCD display...

Thanks anyway. :)

Definitely have to do a dead pixel test. But too bad it's best done at home.

Take a shot with lens cap on at different shutter speed (slower better)
and then upload the pictures to your pc and either look at it full blown or use some dead pixel detection software. Or you can also look at it from the LCD and then enlarge the picture and scan thru them

If you can see those little red/blue/green dots, hot pixels. Dead pixels are mostly white/greyish in colour.

Status
Not open for further replies.