What stuff to by to keep my new Nikon D90

Status
Not open for further replies.

labuboy

Dec 23, 2008
Hi ,

I am intending to buy a DRY BOX ,to store my new D90 and other video camera and electronic stuff .

Beside the box , what other stuff should i buy ?

Also do you guys use a dry box while going for holiday shoot out ?

Cheers

Hi ,

I am intending to buy a DRY BOX ,to store my new D90 and other video camera and electronic stuff .

Cheers

Hi,

Not entirely sure about the dry box you have in mind. But with your D90, lenses, flash, filters, video camera and electronic stuff etc... you're much better off with a Dry cabinet, at least a 50L or more depending on your lenses and future needs. Dun just buy 1 that can fit what you have now. Mine is currently half full with my D90, lenses and stuff and i have a 60L from Digicabi.

Not sure what other stuff you mean. Holiday shoot out? How long do you go for man? Anywhere more humid than Sg?

Not sure what i need my self . how big is a 50L box and also cost ?

Other stuff means gel and etc . look through the forum and they talk about selica gel or hippo container , do i need that ?

I normally go for a long holiday to country such as Australia , US , Indonesia and West malaysia for holiday. I carry my camera in my sling bag most of the time and store in the car back trunk when im driving abroad.

u might need both dry box and cabinet.

Hi ,

Cheers

Hi

Haha got a lot. My shopping list.. It is long because I love my D90.

1) Shutter release cord (or IR)
2) Better tripod
3) Camera strap (is this wat u call).. get a leather 1.. the nylon 1 alot of abrasion
4) CPL (bought liao). U need it <10% of the time but is cheap.
5) Camera bag (buy liao)
6) Dry box (I recommend > 36L) My 36L like not enough leh. 3 shelves sounds good.

Hi

Haha got a lot. My shopping list.. It is long because I love my D90.

1) Shutter release cord (or IR)
2) Better tripod
3) Camera strap (is this wat u call).. get a leather 1.. the nylon 1 alot of abrasion
4) CPL (bought liao). U need it <10% of the time but is cheap.
5) Camera bag (buy liao)
6) Dry box (I recommend > 36L) My 36L like not enough leh. 3 shelves sounds good.

Haha i love my D90 too and got hit by the BBB virus, now left item 5 not bought. Do seriously consider investing in a good tripod that will more than support your whole setup, consider future lens like 70-200 etc. Consider SB900 wif diffuser, grip, BIG nice lens with hood, D90 + wobbly tripod. taking vertical shot wind blow, tripod topple.. D90 become D45. :~~
Camera strap do consider getting something with comfortable shoulder/neck grip. I'm using Optech-USA. Dry cabi 36L sure not enough, hence, its always packaged in for free... recommend at least 50L.

Hi ,

Cheers

I will never bring a dry box around with me esp on a holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.