What strap you like?

I use Lowepro Voyager C, it's has another version which is Voyager S. Price: $36 for Voyager C.

Thru the years, I have tried Optech, the camo one, the Ind Disgrace and now, using the IA [immediate action] strap.

Optech - the one I got doesn't seem to be as robust as some previous edition. To me it looks a bit sisi.

Ind Disgrace - used it for a year or so, and found it not so comfy for heavy gear.

IA strap - so far, this is about the best I find. Somewhat better than the more famous Black rapid strap. Reason being both the tripod bracket and the hook are pretty flat so that you can hold comfortably when you use the battery grip. And you can get it at a more reasonable price too. And at times, I hook it directly onto the triangular ring at the camera lug. Guess what, I was using it that way in the SS Virgo cruise, 2 chaps stopped and ask me about it as it looks real cool la.

Strapless... Straps only get in the way of shooting :nono:

diy handstrap with the neckstrap that came with the cam. Straps get in the way especially when mounted on tripods

Read from some forum... this guy's Black Rapid screw (the one that goes into the tripod screw sink) slowly became loose and then *BANG* - his D700 dropped onto the concrete floor.

Any similar experience?

Mm for Canon 50D, will I be able to use the handstrap + neckstrap? They seem to use the same metal loop to feed the strap through.

Read from some forum... this guy's Black Rapid screw (the one that goes into the tripod screw sink) slowly became loose and then *BANG* - his D700 dropped onto the concrete floor.

Any similar experience?

Thats very possible. I used to have a proper handstrap that goes into the tripod screw. Over time, it somehow becomes loose and I have re-tighten. Maybe im just paranoid.

Last edited:
I am thinking bout getting the blackrapid rs-4 or rs-7, any users out there actually find it troublesome to use the blackrapid system as you will not be able to mount on the tripod plate unless you remove the blackrapid mount? I do foresee this as a problem for me thats why I am not sure whether to purchase this or not..

I am thinking bout getting the blackrapid rs-4 or rs-7, any users out there actually find it troublesome to use the blackrapid system as you will not be able to mount on the tripod plate unless you remove the blackrapid mount? I do foresee this as a problem for me thats why I am not sure whether to purchase this or not..

This one: http://function-wholesale-camera-strap-shop.blogspot.com/

$36 + claim can use tripod plate.

PS: I totally not related or have used it before.

This one: http://function-wholesale-camera-strap-shop.blogspot.com/

$36 + claim can use tripod plate.

PS: I totally not related or have used it before.

Yea I did heard about this particular immediate action strap before, but also did read somewhere in the forums when I did a search and some other cs-er's camera did fall off the tripod as the mounting screw not strong enough I think, well the suggestion of using the D ring on the tripod mount is good, thanks! :)