What printers do you use to print your photos?

what printers do you use....

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is this service in singapore who will print a real photo from digital print. not ink jet not thermal ... the real photo like from the negative kind.

www.mydigilab.com

very cheap 29 cents a piece for 4R then they post to your house

btw, what is a fuji mini lab is it thermal ??

no lah, i think all photolabs use photosensitive papers like printing from negs type. but i personally dun like Fuji printing machine. they tend to have red colour smearing/smudging. :( btw, i print negs & slides from FDI before & all of them has the same red colour bleeding problem. can't remember if its the frontier but one of the labs was Soo Kee in Raffles Place. i think they own a frontier.

i now go to either fotohub(raffles MRT) or KC Advance(Tanjong Pagar HDB). they r using Noritsu machines & prints look very good & sharp at 8x12 from negs/slides. but a bit expensive, 40cents/print for 4R. i dun mind paying a bit more for that kind of standard. :)

I like Epson printouts.

mydigilab.com using kodak papaer. So far i find their colour reproduction vivid and not offbalanced like too red or blue.

I just brought a i560 at the pc show. Used the Canon Photo Paper plus Glossy, the quality is excellent. Just like those from the photo shop.
Even my auntie and sister couldn't believe that I printed it using a home printer. I printed the picture using a 2MP photo.

Brought a 50 sheets 4R package of Glossy Photo Paper to try it out, the thickness of the paper is not as think as plus Glossy. I printed only one time, the quality also not bad, but I still think plus glossy is better.

Brought also a 20 sheets A4 package of Photo Paper plus Glossy, eager to use it. No chance, cause thinking of printing 4 pictures on it. Somehow felt that a 2MP pictures wouldn't look nice on A4.

Btw, I brought the A4 plus Glossy for just 17.90. $2 cheaper than the price stated on Canon website. Is there any place that sell a cheaper 4R plus glossy? Would like to buy some more. Thanks alot.

I used to print on my epson 790 but clogging heads drove me mad and I junked it... still have one black cartridge left.... The prints were pretty good when it worked. I used Epsons semi gloss paper... can't remember the actual model. Kodak paper tends to have too much yellow. Konica QP papers are quite good on it too.

Now I am using a canon i905D. No more clogging worries... has individual tanks. I am using my leftover epson papers on it with good results... have to tweak a little as it has a bit more red with this paper. Have also used Konica QP paper on it and its great. Gonna try Canon's own pp-101 photo paper plus glossy to see how well it works since my epson leftovers are running out.

I usually print A4 as its more cost effective. For 4R I usually send it to the labs... after experiancing A4 sizes... 4R just does not seem as "shiok".
;)

Hi Guys, I a using a 5 year old Epson Stylus Photo 710 printer now. The printer is giving me problem when print A4 size photo (some black banding). Thinking of buying a new one like Hp photosmart 7660 or Epson R210.

While shopping at Carefour today, saw two old model of printer on sale: Epson Sylus Photo 830 for $159 and Canon S820 for $119.

Pretty tempting due to the low price, please adv. Thanks.

kengwan said:
Hi Guys, I a using a 5 year old Epson Stylus Photo 710 printer now. The printer is giving me problem when print A4 size photo (some black banding). Thinking of buying a new one like Hp photosmart 7660 or Epson R210.

While shopping at Carefour today, saw two old model of printer on sale: Epson Sylus Photo 830 for $159 and Canon S820 for $119.

Pretty tempting due to the low price, please adv. Thanks.
Although the 830 produces very good prints, the system tends to clog. The newer R210 is soooo much better. Never clog (touch wood) even though I had not printed for 2 months! For about $100 difference (between 830 and R210), you get individual tanks, printing of CD/DVD, and most importantly, the non-clogging, it is worth it.

skyline_impreza said:
I just brought a i560 at the pc show. Used the Canon Photo Paper plus Glossy, the quality is excellent. Just like those from the photo shop.
Even my auntie and sister couldn't believe that I printed it using a home printer. I printed the picture using a 2MP photo.

Brought a 50 sheets 4R package of Glossy Photo Paper to try it out, the thickness of the paper is not as think as plus Glossy. I printed only one time, the quality also not bad, but I still think plus glossy is better.

Brought also a 20 sheets A4 package of Photo Paper plus Glossy, eager to use it. No chance, cause thinking of printing 4 pictures on it. Somehow felt that a 2MP pictures wouldn't look nice on A4.

Btw, I brought the A4 plus Glossy for just 17.90. $2 cheaper than the price stated on Canon website. Is there any place that sell a cheaper 4R plus glossy? Would like to buy some more. Thanks alot.

hi skyline_impreza,

I'm interested in getting a i560...mind if u can gimme some or your own review abt this printer?? for instance,good or bad?? pros n cons??

thks

;)

Flare said:
Was the Epson 810, the clogging drove me mad and now it's the Canon MP730.

Magixshoe, have u tried calibrating your monitor and printer? The printer could be all ok with you monitor showing too little green, so when u compensate, ended up with a grennie print while looking ok on screen.

Hi Flare..

Also using the Epson 810... also being driven mad by the thing... Is there a way to calibrate the monitor and printer to use the same colour profile?

Hi Drummercow,

The profile for your monitor and printer is different. The profile for monitor is created by the spectrometer device (eg. ColorVision Spyder) and it tells the computer what colours the monitor is displaying and what correction is required to bring the colours into the calibrated range.

The profile for your printer (if there's such a thing) is actually a profile of the ink and paper combination used. So if you're using original inks and paper, the printer may come with "canned profiles" created by the manufacturer to give a good match of colours, when you select the paper choice in the printer driver. So if you're using original papers and ink, all you need to do is to get your monitor calibrated and profiled with a spectrometer device. If you don't want to spend the money, then the next-best thing would be to "calibrate" (actually not really...) your monitor with the "Adobe Gamma" that comes with Adobe Photoshop.

It is actually well-worth the money to get a colour spectrometer to calibrate your monitor. Imagine how much money goes down the drain with each inaccurate inkjet print... I leant the hard way before plonking my money on the ColorVision... definitely well-spent money IMHO.

Rk1980 said:
hi skyline_impreza,

I'm interested in getting a i560...mind if u can gimme some or your own review abt this printer?? for instance,good or bad?? pros n cons??

thks

;)

Sorry now than reply your Qns. Just happened to browse thru my history of post. For me, I felt that its worth the money. This is my first photo printer and Im impressed by the quality. For a amature photographer, I felt that its good enough for me.

Pros: Printing is fast, I mean real fast. Colours looks not bad. Often I use 2MP to print 4R. I printed a few pictures and I like them.

Cons: Using Canon PR-101 plus glossy paper is better than their glossy paper. However, there are much expensive.

I still haven't use long enough to explain to you about the life of the ink.

Personally, I felt that its a good start for beginners in photo printing.

skyline_impreza said:
Sorry now than reply your Qns. Just happened to browse thru my history of post. For me, I felt that its worth the money. This is my first photo printer and Im impressed by the quality. For a amature photographer, I felt that its good enough for me.

Pros: Printing is fast, I mean real fast. Colours looks not bad. Often I use 2MP to print 4R. I printed a few pictures and I like them.

Cons: Using Canon PR-101 plus glossy paper is better than their glossy paper. However, there are much expensive.

I still haven't use long enough to explain to you about the life of the ink.

Personally, I felt that its a good start for beginners in photo printing.

ic ic .... thks
think me will still look ard a bit longer before deciding on which printer to buy... ;)

Just bought a Canon Selphy a week ago for $169. Haven't even tested it yet.
But the cost is ~0.30 per print (assuming no wastage) and water proof.

Thats it..............i believe more photolab is going to close shop sooner or later..................
I had closed mine dued to this instant..............sign.but digital frontier had the best printout. ;)

I am using Canon IP4000, and seemed to handle the printings well. Have been using A4 Photo Paper Plus Glossy and bears the lab quality, though the waiting is treacherous, around 15 minutes to dry and 24 hours to set the colours for colour preservation.

Zplus said:
Gonna try Canon's own pp-101 photo paper plus glossy to see how well it works since my epson leftovers are running out.
I would suggest you get the PR-101 paper. Better print colors.

The other thing is that the PR101 paper uses less ink that the PP-101 paper :) You can see the settings in the older Canon print driver software but not in the current software where Canon had simplified the print quality (and therefore amount of ink) options.

Status
Not open for further replies.