what photography magazines do you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My choices are Photo Techniques (best reading for all amatuer and professional alike), Camera Arts, View Camera and Lenswork.

mainly to learn techniques and see how others take their photos - inspiration or copycat :D

student said:
What is your interest and objective in reading photo magazines?

Basically, I buy Lenswork and Black & White magazine. And occassionally American Photo. Photography monthly if there are articles that interest me

flambe said:
mainly to learn techniques and see how others take their photos - inspiration or copycat :D

1 In that case, my suggestion is to "browse' magazines and buy only those issues that has articles that are relevant to your needs. All magazines, even the traashy ones like Pop Photography, do occasionally have good articles.

2 As far as inspiration is concern, it depends on what genre of photography you are interested in. You may not need photography magazines if your interest is fashion. Just browse and buy fashion magazines that you want to keep as reference.

I read both Photography Monthly and Practical Photography. Both are magazines from the UK. For US-based magazines, they are dirt cheap if you subscribe. I used to subscribed to Popular Photography and Shutterbug.

Xing said:
Get Prac Photography from Basheer at Bras Brasah Complex 4th floor, they are selling it at $11.00 for each copy. I also get my American Photo there for $10 instead of $14 at most places. Think Photography Monthly going for $14.

Do you know what time it closes during weekdays? Might pay a visit after work if it closed late :)

About 8pm

thanks just subscribed!

Pbase mag is interesting too!!

Try "Digital Photo Pro" from the US. (US$5.99 per issue/bimonthly)

http://www.digitalphotopro.com

Available at the 'mama' magazine shop at the 1st floor corner near the traffic junction at Sim Lim Square; sells it for S$15.

I'm more of a browser than buyer of photography magazines.... :embrass:

Usually "hunt" for Lenswork, Black and White and Outdoor photography.

eagles_creek said:
I'm more of a browser than buyer of photography magazines.... :embrass:

Usually "hunt" for Lenswork, Black and White and Outdoor photography.

Dear All

If you genuinely like the articles and features of the magazines and have no major monetary constraints, pls buy the magazine.

Magazines especially niche ones in photography often find it hard to survive due to low print run and limited audience reach. Help those who have helped you in turn. If the good magazines cease to run, it is the readers who lose out.

sebastiansong said:
Dear All

If you genuinely like the articles and features of the magazines and have no major monetary constraints, pls buy the magazine.

Magazines especially niche ones in photography often find it hard to survive due to low print run and limited audience reach. Help those who have helped you in turn. If the good magazines cease to run, it is the readers who lose out.

Oh yes....to that I agree. :)

Though more of a browser, I still try to buy if possible.....perhaps my statement had been misunderstood as merely browsing....... :bsmilie:

PHOTOi for me... it has nice articles, pictures with vibrant colours. Good photography techniques and camera review too :)

Dear all,

Through a friend, I am able to get "Practical photography", "Digital Photo" and "Digital Photographer" at much lower prices than retail bookstores.

Back and current issues.

Those interested, do kindly leave your name/contacts in my inbox and I would get back to you the details through sms. Thanks.

Dear all,

Through a friend, I am able to get the "Practical photography", "Digital Photo" and "Digital Photographer" at much lower prices than retail bookstores.

Also able to get the following:

- American Photo
- Aperture
- Digital Photo Pro
- Outdoor & nature Photography
- Outdoor Photography
- Shutterbug

Back and current issues.

Am not a commercial seller. Those interested, do kindly leave your name/contacts in my inbox and I would get back to you the details through sms. Thanks.

Photography Monthly and Professional Photographer..

but in actual fact professional photographer isnt so much technical, just like very leisure reading lor

Status
Not open for further replies.