What photographic things have you accumulated lots of? :)

JohnTaylor

Jun 24, 2009
Recently I was going through a box of some of my electronic things and I found a whole heap of lens filters- 9 of them! from 49mm to 77mm in diameter - UV, IR, polarizing!. I've bought a lot of lenses through the marketplace on this site and I've built up a collection.

Which made me wonder- what sort of photographic items do you accumulate? :)

I accumulated a **** load of lousy photos :B

Lens caps, front and back, and of all sizes. I buy a lot of third party spares, and routinely keep the original ones in boxes.

Buying 10 rolls of 120 or 135 films for every outing anticipating usage but end up using only 2 to 4 rolls. Remainder now occupying 2 drawers in the fridge.

Buying 10 rolls of 120 or 135 films for every outing anticipating usage but end up using only 2 to 4 rolls. Remainder now occupying 2 drawers in the fridge.

I had a similar problem whereby i was stockpiling tins of bulk rolls lol

up to two dozen SD cards, beginning to accumulate CF cards with 3 as starters, more than a dozen camera bags, something like 5 tripods, 2 monopods and some other photography items that I've forgotten:dunno: about as I've squirreled them away from the home ministress' eyes :bsmilie: ANDphotos that is testimony to lousy photographic skills:embrass:

More old film cameras and lenses than you can shake a stick at. Books, magazines, and all of the rest of it. So much of it that I have no idea what all I have.

For me ... Tonnes of photos lol ..
And also a growing collection of bags (6)

Way too many 8GB SD cards... and also a lot of bad photos, 3TB of them to be exact lmao

5 camera bags, 5 full size tripods, 3 are arca swiss and 2 are manfrotto compatible and 2 table top slik mini tripods

last 4 months is a few old model digital cameras that were too expensive in the old days but are dirt cheap nowadays. to name a few;

a very good condition konica minolta A2
an almost dead Samsung NX1000 that i managed to convert to full spectrum
a Fuji X10 with focus issues that i manged to fix.
my initial goal was to own or collect at least one camera body from each of the major camera brands

a lot of cheap manual lenses and way too many adapters for NX, E-mount, M43 mount as well as Q mount bodies.
i have a few old working DSLRs from most of the leading brands except nikon and i prefer a working dslr body as old as possible for collection purposes.

3 dry cabinets. a 26L, 36L and a 66L

Last edited:
Recently, I have accumulated a lot of film compact cameras with really unique designs or features. Most people raised in the digital age may have never heard of them, so feel free to wiki them.
Just to name a few:
Olympus O-Product (On display at MoMA for good design)
Minolta Prod20 (Even back in the film days, retro was an in-thing)
Contax T (The one that started the legend of the Contax compacts. Favoured by Henri Cartier-Bresson)
Fujifilm Rensha Cardia Byun (Like a Lomo Actionsampler x2)
Fujifilm Rensha Cardia Byun-16 (A super-super Actionsampler!)

My entire fridge is filled with film! I don't even have room for milk butter and cheese anymore!! :D