What lenses you guys advise for Food Photography?

RonOng

Apr 29, 2012
Singapore
Hi guys, I'm currently shooting food photography, as thats part of my interest. and currently using a 28-75mm Tamaron AF 1:2:8 Macro.

I would love to play along with the colors when I'm shooting the food. due to my current lens, all the photos are pretty dull in the decent lightings.

If you guys have some recommendations of lens, and any close range lens. Do drop me a message!

Cheers!

Iphone!! :embrass:

I don't think there's anything wrong with your lens. Bright surrounding is important in food photography to make the food stand out. Maybe you need a proper reflector instead of different lens.

Just my 2 cents.

Dr Leslie Tay recommends 24-70 f/2.8, since you need a fast lens and beautiful bokeh. But if you're on crop body, then 17-55 f/2.8 is the right way forward.

I'm currently using a 5D MI, So i guess 50mm its good enough?
What do you think or you can suggest Dr Leslie?

I noticed you mentioned that "all the photos are pretty dull in the decent lightings." Decent lightings does not equal to subject lighted correctly.

You may also want to post some pictures for more recommendations.

How about a TS lens?

Iphone!! :embrass:

I don't think there's anything wrong with your lens. Bright surrounding is important in food photography to make the food stand out. Maybe you need a proper reflector instead of different lens.

Just my 2 cents.

well, the tammy has bad colour presentation ....

7186756294_5ba587ae13_b.jpg

5D1 + 35 1.4

these are straight out of camera. just resized and placed together.

I always thought a macro lens would be better for food?

depends on how you shooting the food?

Guess so..... but don't u find the minimum focusing dist a bit troublesome esp in small places? One of the reason why i still prefer to use a PnS for food.

24/1.4 or 35/1.4 + 100/2.8 Macro (Must have for sure)