What Lense can be used for Canon 1000D

For me I love to take landscape , street macro and night the most... and also events

A tripod and two lenses (kit lens plus one around 55-200) will cover already four topics. For macro you can try close focus lenses with adapters, like Raynox. In the long run try to focus on less topics. Easier to learn and certain basics are valid everywhere.

A tripod and two lenses (kit lens plus one around 55-200) will cover already four topics. For macro you can try close focus lenses with adapters, like Raynox. In the long run try to focus on less topics. Easier to learn and certain basics are valid everywhere.

:thumbsup: Agreed. When you have played enough with this setup, you will know what you will be going for next should you be upgrading..

Okay Thx......how about filter lens.....I just cpl filter...

:thumbsup: Agreed. When you have played enough with this setup, you will know what you will be going for next should you be upgrading..

OKay......I would upgrade slowly......Until I could took a nice pic of macro.....because I,m not good in macro as well....the rest is okay

AhVin said:
OKay......I would upgrade slowly......Until I could took a nice pic of macro.....because I,m not good in macro as well....the rest is okay

can consider extension tubes for macro too:)

AhVin said:
Okay Thx......how about filter lens.....I just cpl filter...

Beside cpl u can buy a tianya square graduated ND filter. It's quite cheap. Good for landscape application.

Beside cpl u can buy a tianya square graduated ND filter. It's quite cheap. Good for landscape application.

Owh OK......thx....but where could I get it??

Check Mass Sales. More than one seller. Do note that the holder is similar to Cokin P series and other brands. For landscape with UWA lenses you might want to get the wide angle holder with only one slot. OP sells Cokin and some other (cheaper) brands. Searching here for 'Cokin' will give plenty of results with further details.

go to the buy/sell section and look for your items there.

It is cheaper to get 2nd hand items then to buy everything new.

Many got the Tianya filter set from www.Artworkfoto.com, they have a shop in midlink plaza. A Tianya set can cost up to only around SGD$110... actually quite a bargain.

Just get the nd8 and gnd. These will serve you better than the rest of the filters in the set. For the holder, get the cokin one. Tianya holder is quite chui. #i am using one. Regret getting it

Erm Tianya or Cokin...too much detail already hehe

Last edited:
Simply put it...

Tian Ya Filters, IIRC $15 Per
Cokin Filters, ~30-40 Per?? (but about there)

If you don't know what to get, don't get it, cos you will end up wasting money on stuffs you potentially don't need. If you are insisting on getting any filters at all, Consider Tian Ya GND and ND8 only (cos it's cheap and will not cause too much damage if you don't like filters in the end). I personally don't find the rest of the Tian Ya colored filters that useful. It's just a nice to have colors, but weird results for most shots.

Simply put it...

Tian Ya Filters, IIRC $15 Per
Cokin Filters, ~30-40 Per?? (but about there)

If you don't know what to get, don't get it, cos you will end up wasting money on stuffs you potentially don't need. If you are insisting on getting any filters at all, Consider Tian Ya GND and ND8 only (cos it's cheap and will not cause too much damage if you don't like filters in the end). I personally don't find the rest of the Tian Ya colored filters that useful. It's just a nice to have colors, but weird results for most shots.

Owh okay...thx.....Actually I dont reallt like colored filter unless its a mix color in a filter for night shoot....

Owh okay...thx.....Actually I dont reallt like colored filter unless its a mix color in a filter for night shoot....

some colors are pretty tempting. e.g. Grad Blue(imagine Blue Sky more blue) or Grad Orange (imagine Sunset scenery more dramatic), please forget abt those "imagination" as rarely it will come out nice without in depth knowledge application.

GND and ND are not coloured (the described colour cast is an unwanted side effect). The N stands for Neutral, the filter will (ideally) not affect any colour but only reduce the amount of light coming in.